Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What got you into Klonoa in the first place  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Elininjakat

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • your local nonbinary dumbass who draws stuff!
Re: What got you into Klonoa in the first place
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 08:59:30 am »
it's a bit hard to pinpoint when exactly i got into the klonoa series to be honest... i remember i used to see klonoa around here and there throughout the years but didn't think much of it. most prominently i remember seeing him on this old (now defunct) roblox roleplay game from when i played roblox frequently from 2016 to 2018, where you could pick him as a character. nobody ever played as him but i thought he was cute

relating to this, in late 2017 (for my birthday) i got a drawing app on my nintendo 2ds called colors 3d! it's honestly pretty robust for somethin on the ds, and i've made a lot of my best art on it! :hey:
either way though, it had tags and such you could search for stuff for, and i remember in mid 2019 i was looking at an artist's gallery and saw they had klonoa stuff, i thought it was cute so i looked through the klonoa tag, enjoyed all the characters i was seeing, and then thus looked up a playthrough of door to phantomile

ever since then ive been a klonoa fan! i picked up lunatea's veil on my birthday in 2019 via an ebay bidding, and i played the hell out of it lmao
i've been kind of out of major interest for the series for a year since then, but i still love it passively and try to keep an eye on news relating to the game :unsure:

so yea! that's how i found klonoa

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 10:01:21 am »
What got me into Klonoa was finding the Klonoa 2 demo that came with my PS2. I absolutely loved it, so my dad tracked down a copy of the full game for me, and the rest was history! :)

Offline A Mira-Miran

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 01:57:36 pm »
I first played the original game around the time it initially came out.

Didn’t play 2 until about 2016 though.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024, 04:15:24 pm »
Pretty simple...

A friend of mine send me a Klona review, but I ignored it. 1 or 2 weeks after the same channel did a review of PRS.

I watched both reviews and decided to try it out (stepping wind was also a major reason).

6 months or passed while occasionally listining to stepping wind while playing BF4 and I finally playe Klonoa on the Wii,
and right after beating it I got into emulation, because the game was too easy, I played the 2nd game afterwards and since the summer of '23 I'm into Klonoa  :big_smile: .

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 08:29:29 pm »
I was just a 5 year old kid, the father of my brother(s) would install games on my Wii, one of them was Klonoa.
... Anndddd yeah that's it really, but, why am i here? I was watching Caddicarus around 2019, 2020, 2021, he reminded me of the game's name, it was always stuck in the depths of my memory, but i never could remember the game's name, just the characteristics... And that also made me realize, the game was on Playstation originally?! :O And since then i fell in love with it, and of course, like the average Klonoa fan, i was sh*ting all over the Wii remake, even tho, nowadays, i think it doesn't deserve all the hate.  :)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/