No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa 2 "No Memory Card" issue?  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Alexis The Dreamful

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Fangame Developer, Artist and Lunatic
Klonoa 2 "No Memory Card" issue?
« on: August 17, 2021, 12:21:55 am »
So last year or so I got my hands on Klonoa 2, was super excited to play it and also just have a piece of Klonoa media physically since I only played Phantomile on an Emulator.
But whenever I put it in my ps2 I had some problem saying it didn't have a memory card?  :unsure: but I WOULD have a memory card in the slot, I tried to remove some older games I had saved to open space but nothing. Even tried getting another copy but the same problem was had. Has anyone else had this exact problem or something similar? :sad_face:

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
Re: Klonoa 2 "No Memory Card" issue?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 02:18:45 pm »
There are no known issues with Klonoa 2 and memory card usage, so either the console or card itself is the problem... which I doubt, unless it's been a long while you didn't use any of those for anything else

Else, don't know any better :(

• Moo
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 02:25:49 pm »
There are no known issues with Klonoa 2 and memory card usage, so either the console or card itself is the problem... which I doubt, unless it's been a long while you didn't use any of those for anything else

Else, don't know any better :(
I've never used the console for any dvds (But maybe the previous owner had?) Could simply be I need a whole other card for it. I never looked too far into since I got caught up with so much. Thank you regardless at least I can tell it might just be me  :embarassed:

• Moo
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 02:47:10 pm »
As a further explanation, I tried to run it again and still getting this where it says it can't find it? There's enough space on the system and I've saved stuff before. I guess it might just not agree with the card?  :confused:
So I guess I'll either get a new card or just try emulating like I did before

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 01:13:41 pm »
Do you have the official 8MB sony memory card? Or is it one of those odd ones that are like 32~256MB+ in size? I've had some issues with Klonoa 2 on my 128MB card. But non on the official sony 8MB.

• Moo
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 06:04:44 pm »
Do you have the official 8MB sony memory card? Or is it one of those odd ones that are like 32~256MB+ in size? I've had some issues with Klonoa 2 on my 128MB card. But non on the official sony 8MB.
I'm left to believe that mine IS official sony but mine is a 128MB card, so I guess all I really need is a 8MB card?  :unsure:

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 10:02:12 pm »
Yes. I'm pretty sure VMC works so try that out if you have Free McBoot but otherwise just get an 8MB. Free McBoot cards are actually pretty cheap so you might as well get an 8MB one to also load the game off of HDD or USB if you're into that kinda thing. I don't have a spare HDD but the game runs fine on USB only with some lengthy load times and the credits not working. Try that if it turns out your copy of the game doesn't work correctly. I'm guessing you played the game without saving to test that it works fine but if you haven't you would never know that your copy might be messed up.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

• Moo
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 12:25:55 am »
Yes. I'm pretty sure VMC works so try that out if you have Free McBoot but otherwise just get an 8MB. Free McBoot cards are actually pretty cheap so you might as well get an 8MB one to also load the game off of HDD or USB if you're into that kinda thing. I don't have a spare HDD but the game runs fine on USB only with some lengthy load times and the credits not working. Try that if it turns out your copy of the game doesn't work correctly. I'm guessing you played the game without saving to test that it works fine but if you haven't you would never know that your copy might be messed up.
oh yeah I played a few good minutes of the game and it worked fine it's just I literally can't save, I've never screwed around with homebrewing or tweaking consoles like that but I guess I don't see why I shouldn't try something like that out sometime, specially to try to region unlock it  :big_smile:

• Moo
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 12:27:06 am »
oh yeah I played a few good minutes of the game and it worked fine it's just I literally can't save, I've never screwed around with homebrewing or tweaking consoles like that but I guess I don't see why I shouldn't try something like that out sometime, specially to try to region unlock it  :big_smile:
My friend suggested a few times for me to just play the entire game in one go but I don't that kind of will power... yet

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 10:43:59 pm »
I have played both the NTSC-U (US) and NTSC-J versions of Klonoa 2 on original hardware and have had no issues with memory cards. Like somebody else here already said it might be an issue with the memory card or the PS2 itself.

Here are some questions to hopefully help source the problem:

What region is the PS2?
What region is the copy of Klonoa 2?
What brand is the memory card?
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"