Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Bullet: Soul Bounded  (Read 4062 times)

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
Bullet: Soul Bounded
« on: November 30, 2020, 01:01:03 pm »
what is this project about?:

the project takes place 5 years after Klonoa 2. a new dream traveler named bullet was called to Lunatea holding the soul ring (a red-colored ring). while looking around Lunatea the strange cabbit bumped into 2 figures named Tat and Leorina. after a few moments later a large ship appears from a dream portal. suddenly a voice calls out that Lunatea will soon fall. without hesitating bullet grabbed Leorina and Tat warping them to another dream world.

the development so far:

so the development of this has been a bumpy ride, but I'm going to go through the history of the project real quick.

the plan was that the game was going to be an RPG. the game was set 100 years after the events of Klonoa 2. there were going to be 7 travelers they were going to have 7 different traveler rings. each one representing a different element. I soon realized the story I wrote was terrible. so I reseted the project but kept it an RPG still.

so this now new plan was to make a story that was set 5 years after Klonoa 2, and I made a good story from what I felt like it was, but after focusing too much on the future of the project I realized how much it became too much Dragonball like. so yet again another reset -_-

so now we're at the present time. I started to rework the original story after reset 1. this time focusing on the first game. though I was debating on wrather I wanted it to be a 2D platformer like the classic games, or an RPG still. so I decided to do both for a bit till I did a poll. so I started a fork of not so simple sonic worlds PLUS called not so simple Klonoa worlds PLUS. while I'm still making the framework I decided to make a poll on Twitter to see what people wanted me to use. the new framework, or RPGMaker MV. people picked RPGMaker surprisingly. while RPGMaker MV was picked I'm still working on the framework little by little.

so far that's the development so far. though I do plan on getting builds out soon at one point again with concept builds. as of right now though all I got are dev builds that only have tech demos of what I plan on putting into the game.

when will the new builds come out?:

I have no idea tbh. right now I'm the only one working on this project as I reseted the slate yet again, but I do plan on assembling a team to help me out.

I want to help with the team? how do I help?:

well as of right now I'm waiting till I can get to work on the actual game before I start assembling a team, but I do plan of having volunteers after I start looking for a team so even if I got a team assembled people can still join and leave the project as they see fit.

so far that's all I got to say about the project at this point. I decided to post progress about it here because I keep forgetting I have an account here and I really need to look around here more. hopefully, everyone here is having a good day/night whenever you are reading this. I do get a few pieces of concept art I made already as well as the logo made so feel free to look at those if you want.

Update:

here is a monthly update on the project.

the team is being formed and still thinking of the team name:
so far the team is being formed slowly, but it's getting there. got a few helpers and an artist in the team as well as a volunteer artist.

I'm still thinking of a name for this team, but I'm thinking on the bounds of team dream, team bullet, or the bullet dream. I may host a poll later on Twitter to make that decision, but overall the team is being formed so that is good. the team members so far are.:

helpers:
Reno🌙
Acm240
Artists:
SonamyAlexOtaku
Jeyrolami* (volunteer)
(people with a * next to them are volunteers, not actual team members)

new GUI assets and game over screen:
the GUI is one of the first things we're working on and I got to say things are going smoothly. thankyou sonamy for working on these assets so far.

new OST tracks and remastering old ones:
so far I'm working on the music work. so far I have officially made 2 tracks publicly available to view. I'm still working on more of the OST. for anyone who wants to take a look at them they are located here:
https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2485.0

so far that's all for this month's update. hopefully, you all have a nice new year next year ^^
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 05:01:08 pm by HTG&M »
trying to work on Klonoa projects like:
bullet: soul bounded
*SECRET PROJECT*

if you want feel free to message me about things. im almost always available to talk
Discord: huntertron#5028

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
Re: Bullet: Soul Bounded
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »
(hopefully, I did this right. I was a bit nervous about posting this)
*SECRET PROJECT*

if you want feel free to message me about things. im almost always available to talk

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 12:38:04 am »
NEAT.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 03:05:16 pm »
Really interesting idea.
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 05:02:52 pm »
*updated the page on 12/30/2020
any other updates will be posted as a reply to avoid confusion on when it was updated.
*SECRET PROJECT*

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »
its that time again for a monthly update for "Bullet: Soul Bounded" (1/31/21)

so development was a bit slow this month. to be honest, this month has been torture for me so really nothing much happened during development this month, but there are a few things to mention.

team members and volunteers: so far the team and volunteer list are pretty much the same, but if you want to volunteer for B:SB or join the team to help with future projects let me know!

the OST of the game: so I have released one new track for the OST and it's a battle track for Guntz. I am currently working on more and trying to release more. there would have been another one sometime last week, but this month hasn't been the best for me. for anyone who wants to take a look at the OST then remembers that it's always located here:
https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2485.msg30371#new

when will there be a playable dev build release for the public?: well if next month is going to be ok then I figure by then. hopefully, you all can try it out by then. I am still trying my best to work on this project. it's just that sometimes real life likes to slam your face in hard into some brick walls at times.

the script[UntamedHeart exclusive]:
the script is slowly forming into place. I'm making sure that the story stays true and faithful to Klonoa as a whole. so far I think I am accomplishing that. so far the beginning of the script and lunatea's part of the script is done and finalized. I just need to make some grammar corrections. right now I am currently writing Phantomile's portion of the script. it's still rough though so I still need to work on it more as I continue to work on this project

That's all I got to talk about for this month. sorry that there haven't been many things going on. it's just bad news left and right for me this month. hopefully, the next one will be a good one. I hope all of you will have a nice month next month as well and remember to always Dream On!
*SECRET PROJECT*

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 09:09:40 am »
2-3-21:

A Teaser Demo is coming. while the graphics are still mostly RPGMakerMV and some stuff is still trying to be added like character portraits for the cutscenes. I want to give you guys a taste of the story.

us at Team Bullet still have a long journey to go to change this visually, but we will try our best. while this upcoming demo may be very short. It's just one small step towards a goal.

hope you all look forward to seeing Lunatea as it looks in this teaser demo. cause when we release a new demo long after this teaser demo. I promise it will look a whole lot different. who knows how long this game will take to develop, but we always take it one small step at a time.

the date has been given. are you ready for the teaser before we start working on getting rid of the RPGMakerMV defaults?
*SECRET PROJECT*

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 06:29:54 pm »
the teaser demo is now released!

now keep in mind that it's very short and that most graphics is still RPGMakerMV default. this demo was purely made to give you all a taste of the story.

https://gamejolt.com/games/Bullet/421105

there are still grammar errors. these will be fixed in a distant demo.
*SECRET PROJECT*

Offline HTG&M

• Moo
  • Dream On!
    • My Card
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 09:28:14 am »
2/28/21
hello and welcome to another monthly update!                             

things going a bit slow in development:

we at team bullet are still working hard at making assets for the game, but sometimes some of us need a break at times due to other projects and stuff they need to get done IRL. while we are working hard on "Bullet: Soul Bounded", our team members got their own personal projects they are working on as well that need the same amount of attention. especially one of our volunteer artists with their "Dream Crusaders" comic project just to name an example.

a new team member:

I would like to welcome KlonoaPii to Team Bullet. they joined to help with talk sprite assets for the game at the moment, but I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for her to work on other things later down the line.

Teaser Demo:

as you know we released a Teaser Demo showing off what was done for the game before we started working hard on art assets for the game. I would like to thank anyone for downloading the Teaser Demo. this demo will stay up till we can get a proper Demo made for you to play. if you haven't played the teaser demo then you can get it here:
https://gamejolt.com/games/Bullet/421105
progress on the game so far:

we haven't worked much on assets this month due to some of us being busy IRL. even I was busy this month so hopefully, we can make more progress for the upcoming month.

thank you for reading this monthly update. if you got questions about the game and the project, then you can comment here or DM me if you prefer to ask a question in private.

(this was supposed to be published 2/28/21 but due to me being busy I forgot to publish it. reason for the publish date being 2/28/21 instead of 3/1/21)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:39:39 am by HTG&M »
*SECRET PROJECT*

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 03:12:53 pm »
So basically... it's a video game.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery