Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Petition Thread  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
Petition Thread
« on: August 09, 2013, 08:22:53 pm »
After a Klonoa fan received a response from a staff member at Namco, a group of Klonoa fans created a petition for a possibility that Namco will plan for Klonoa 3 -

Namco Bandai Games Inc.: Develop and release a new video game installment to the Klonoa franchise.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:39:32 am by Aura24 »
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Petition Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:11:24 am »
UPDATE: The person that made the Klonoa 3 petition, sent an email to namco's customer service and got an answer (it could be automated but doesn't mean they don't see them):
EDIT: The forum censors words like a s s i s t thinking it's a bad word. stupid forum
I emailed Namco of Europe after I saw that post with a response that seemed to imply that Klonoa 3 was quite possible. My response was... different.

"Hi A longtime fan

Thank you for contacting Customer Services, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Klonoa is a game that plays a strong part in the Namco brand so we definitely understand your feelings. I’m sorry to say that we currently do not have any plans for a new Klonoa however, if you follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, you will be up to date with all our games including if we announce a new Klonoa game.
https://twitter.com/NamcoBandaiUK
https://www.facebook.com/namcobandaigames.europe

If you have any further queries, please get in touch and we'll try to assist as soon as possible.

Regards

Namco Bandai Games UK Customer Support"

Either the person responding has a sense of humor, or this is an automated message.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:45:43 pm by Aura24 »

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
Petition Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:56:31 pm »
I fixed around with the forum censor so the word 'assist' should be showing up correctly now.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:14:44 pm by Aura24 »
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Petition Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:40:56 pm »
Guys, I don't see a lot of people on the Internet sharing this petition on sites like Youtube( where only two people are doing it), Facebook,etc. So if you know anyone that has an account on major sites, tell them about the petition and have them share it. Thank You.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Petition Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:07 am »
So far we reached 250 signatures. I expect more :(

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Petition Thread
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:16:10 am »
It's actually 275 now
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Petition Thread
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »
buying the incoming virtual re-releases is going to have more convincing power than any petition

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
Petition Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 04:24:07 am »
Off topic a bit: Once, me and my friend were super amazingly bored, so we've decided to poke fun at a few people in the modding scene, who at the time wanted Valve to release the source code to the Half-Life 1 engine out of the pure benevolence of their hearts. We set up an online petition, where we formally requested that Valve release it to the public, seriously written and all. Then we've proceeded to spam the hell out of it, impersonating people like Gabe Newell, Mike Harrington, Ted Bundy, Albert Fish, and whatnot else, making "fitting" comments.

An online petition charming at first, but they really don't do much. Companies need financial endorsement before they'll do anything, because that will always be their primary concern, if something actually does attract profit, if it's actually profitable. Nowadays video game companies are very careful to stick to a only what is guaranteed to work, the same basic formula, the successful game franchises, etc. They don't risk anything that will hurt their finances. That's pretty much universal nowadays in the industry, at least for the really successful game companies.

So in short, buy the Klonoa games that were re-released on the PSN if you can. That's pretty much the only vote that will count. Unfortunately, I only have a PS2, I wish NBGI decided to distribute the re-releases on Steam aswell, I'd surely buy them.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:09:17 am by Bitterman »

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
Petition Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 12:39:44 pm »
Oh man I remember signing this! So far the petition's at the 300 mark, so that's pretty good.

Hmmm... well I can share this on my videos. I plan to start an Empire of Dream Let's Play soon, so I can post the link on each part. I even have a Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr for the channel, so I can share it there as well.

I'm not sure how many will see it coming from me, but it's better than nothing! ^_^
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
Petition Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 01:20:35 pm »
Could you also upload them on https://gobblin.se/ under CC0 1.0 license?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:22:04 pm by John Smith »