We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [Forum Game] The Random Klonoa CYOA!  (Read 12236 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: [Forum Game] The Random Klonoa CYOA!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »
...okay, this is a bit much to process. But hey, I guess it's good that it's getting replies, right?

Your name is Klonoa. The first thing you do is loudly proclaim "Wahoo!", then stare blankly at the wind...and the wind stares back. It's the child of the wind, Scroptles GL! You proceed to ask Scroptels where you are, to which you get the response: "Daemyn is lost in a world of Nightmares." You ask Daemyn who he is, and why he is lost in a world of nightmares..but since HE'S LOST SOMEWHERE, HE DOESN'T RESPOND. So, Scrops answers the question: "Daemyn is not a living being" I answered, "Daemyn is a formless spectre, capable of taking any form and possessing the body and mind of anybody, he or she - whatever you want to call Daemyn - has created a world for himself which he has filled with his own nightmares.... Oh! He also likes to drink a lot of coffee too! Coffee is nice..."
You then decide to explore this world with Scroptels, in the hopes of finding Daemyn...

After a bit of traveling, you come across a peaceful town. There seems to be a statue of a goddess in the distance. Suddenly, you see that a priestess is beings attacked by ninjas! What do you do?

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 03:51:24 pm »
 Hey, there's a girl there. She's kinda c... AHH SHE'S BEING ATTACKED BY NINJAS! But how can I help her?

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 04:47:00 pm »
Hmm... I got it! I'll use my trusty Wind Ring! Rupurudu!✩

(I DUNNO IF IM DOIN DIS RIGHT LOL)

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »
(I don't like making discussion on the forum games but, What's the differance between this and 3 word story?)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »
(I don't like making discussion on the forum games but, What's the differance between this and 3 word story?)

3-word story is essentially saying three words at a time in a barely cohesive way, mostly for stuffs and giggles.

A CYOA gives me the creative freedom to take all of your utterly random imputs, and wrap them into a cohesive way to continue the story.

It's like cmparing a random number generator to Psychonauts. (okay, broad comparison, but I still stand by it.)

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 08:23:45 pm »
So, It's "More than 3 word" story... I'm not going to moderate this topic but this still looks same for me except the story is more (or less?) random than 3 word story.

But I want to ask for something...

Your name is Klonoa. The first thing you do is loudly proclaim "Wahoo!", then stare blankly at the wind...and the wind stares back. It's the child of the wind, Scroptles GL! You proceed to ask Scroptels where you are, to which you get the response: "Daemyn is lost in a world of Nightmares." You ask Daemyn who he is, and why he is lost in a world of nightmares..but since HE'S LOST SOMEWHERE, HE DOESN'T RESPOND. So, Scrops answers the question: "Daemyn is not a living being" I answered, "Daemyn is a formless spectre, capable of taking any form and possessing the body and mind of anybody, he or she - whatever you want to call Daemyn - has created a world for himself which he has filled with his own nightmares.... Oh! He also likes to drink a lot of coffee too! Coffee is nice..."
You then decide to explore this world with Scroptels, in the hopes of finding Daemyn...

Can you make the same thing for the 3 word story? :unsure:

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »
So, It's "More than 3 word" story... I'm not going to moderate this topic but this still looks same for me except the story is more (or less?) random than 3 word story.

But I want to ask for something...

Can you make the same thing for the 3 word story? :unsure:

Palutena used the great "2slow" beam, which made Dark Pit too OP in Smash. And Pit's Clone, and Dark Pit, and Shiny Pit, And Metal Pit, and Burning Pit, And Doctor Pit, and Super Pit, and Giant Pit, and Mini Pits, and Armed Pits, and Unarmed Pits, and Pit!...Jr?, With Master Pit, and CRAAAAAAAaaaazy Pit!, and NES Pit, and Stamina-Giant-Invisible-Flower-Reflective-Angled-SLOW Pit, and TURBO PIT, and Mega Pit, A bottomless pit, and High Pit, and Peach Pit, and Mario Pit, and Black Pit, and White Pit, and "STOP TALKING!"...and "HAHA, NO!"

*in Smash WiiU/3DS announcer voice* "IT DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE!"

I can see where the similarities lie, but I assure you that it's different enough to be considered its own legitimate Forum Game.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »
* Daemyn does not understand how in the blue skies he got sucked into this @_@
Oh fine I'll start possessing random Moo's because they would be the easiest to take over.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:06:36 pm by Daemyn »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 10:14:09 pm »
As the girl is being attacked by ninjas, you wonder what to do...and suddenly, an idea comes to you!

...that idea being to continue wondering what to do. As you wonder such, you somehow get into an inner monologue/argument with yourself, about the similarities between a 3-word story and a CYOA story. At the point where you cite the existence of various Pits (to a variable degree), Daemyn, the one you were looking for, begins to possess the Ninjas, who happened to be MOO ninjas! This knocks you out of your stupor, and you use your wind ring to finish off the rest of them.

You, Scrops, and Daemyn (who is currently possessing the body of a Ninja Moo) confront the girl. "T-thank you. My name is Lolo." You and your friends introduce themselves. She decides to come with you.

...now that you found Daemyn, you have no idea what to do. What now?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 10:26:48 pm »
* Daemyn Abruptly leaves Moo body after making a somewhat disturbed face upon realizing he has been found somehow.

But not before leaving a whispered message "It seems our worlds have crossed... ^V^ Enjoy your petty dreams while you can.... Only another nightmare or one who recklessly travels the rifts between worlds could have befouled this place with my arrival here."