Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: My thoughts on Klonoa: Moonlight Museum  (Read 1887 times)

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
My thoughts on Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
« on: November 14, 2023, 03:51:31 pm »
I've finished Moonlight Museum recently and I think this game is mostly boring but has it moments.

This game has a weaker story then the other GBA games and no bossfights, but has better level design and no anoying surfing and scroll levels. But music is worse tho  :sad_face:

Well the game is boring like the GBA games but it has memorable moments due to the rule breaking enemy design.

In the 3rd World there are those enemies wich are shooting spiked balls at you, unlike in the other Klonoa games where the rate of fire and the amount of projectiles were consistent, in this game they shoot in any pattern the devs want them to shoot.

In world 3 there was the memorable seqence of running down a "maze" where there were a lot of them and you have to avoid their fire and there were three passages where there was a spiked ball behind you and there was no way to avoid, except by running forward.

There is not much to say, but if you collect all dreamstones you unlock World EX.
(And some neat pictures  ;) )

And World EX gave me an idea what we could have had instead  :( ...

World EX is fun tho I might recommend to cheat just to expierence those 6 fun challangeing levels  :hey:

... I might edit this in the future I was a little bit distracte and I'm running out of time.

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: My thoughts on Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 04:10:22 pm »
Probably the most honest Moonlight Museum out there this is.  :bad_straight_face:

Yeah, i only really like the visuals and style of the game, the levels aren't as bad as the GBA games i also think that way, but they are still, well, stinky, at least World EX is enough to make this game better than the GBA games.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 10:38:40 am »
Having played and beaten it, too (with the exception of the EX World), I definitely agree about the gameplay part.
It's much more simple and easy than other entries in the series, although I did enjoy how labyrinthine the later levels get.

I disagree about the soundtrack, though.
I actually think they did quite a good job working with the Wonderswan's limitations to make a soundtrack that's minimalist, but also kind of unsettling.

Shameless self-plug: Almost a year ago now, I released an album of arranged covers of Moonlight Museum's music.
It was originally meant to be part of a project to remake/remaster the whole game, but the guy who was doing the coding and sprite spontaneously left KMC without notifying me or anyone else there.

Addendum:
Something else needing noting about Moonlight Museum is how, unlike the GBA platformers, the game's backgrounds are multiple layered and have parallax scrolling.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 10:40:30 am by SerialDreams »
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 11:38:18 am »
The soundtrack i never was against it, but, most people are.
If only one puzzle Klonoa game needs to be played, it's, this one i suppose.
The maze levels actually when i think about it now, is a complement for the portability i think?  :unsure:

Although, i think your remakes for the music aren't as good as the originals, they, are very hit or miss, or just don't capture the feel as well in many occasions.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/