Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Project X Zone 2: Brave New World for 3DS Bandai Namco Games  (Read 29670 times)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: Project X Zone 2: New World for 3DS Bandai Namco Games
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 09:41:47 pm »
Here's a list of the confirmed:
CAPCOM:
Resident Evil: Revelations
*Resident Evil 6
Devil May Cry
Megaman X
*Strider

SEGA:
*Yakuza of The End
Virtual Fighter
Sakura Taisen(Sakura Wars)
*Shinboi

BANDAI NAMCO:
*Soul Calibur V
Tales of Vesperia
Tekken
.hack//
*.hack//G.U.

*New arrivals
Get hype everyone!
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 10:29:53 pm »
Here's a list of the confirmed:
CAPCOM:
Resident Evil: Revelations
*Resident Evil 6
Devil May Cry
Megaman X
*Strider

SEGA:
*Yakuza of The End
Virtual Fighter
Sakura Taisen(Sakura Wars)
*Shinboi

BANDAI NAMCO:
*Soul Calibur V
Tales of Vesperia
Tekken
.hack//
*.hack//G.U.

*New arrivals
Get hype everyone!

I'll admit that Shinobi and Strider are good choices, but it looks like this game might suffer from the same issue that the other one had: lack of a diverse assortment of characters. You know, just...humanoid ones. None of these guys (aside from Capcom's, of course) seem particularly iconic, and...

...Resident Evil 6? Isn't that the one that's universally panned?

I dunno, I'm not expecting this to be any bit interesting to me. And...I honestly doubt that Klonoa would be in this, still. For some odd reason, they're just going with the most realistic characters possible, so they would probably leave him out solely due to the fact that he's a cartoon animal.

...There's a statement about racism somewhere in there, I just know it.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 02:29:56 am »
We got a confirmation! http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/13076330.html

New Project X Zone 2: New Brave New World 3DS to website countdown clock for watching.

http://pxz2.bn-ent.net/

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 03:10:46 am »
I'll admit that Shinobi and Strider are good choices, but it looks like this game might suffer from the same issue that the other one had: lack of a diverse assortment of characters. You know, just...humanoid ones. None of these guys (aside from Capcom's, of course) seem particularly iconic, and...

I dunno, I'm not expecting this to be any bit interesting to me. And...I honestly doubt that Klonoa would be in this, still. For some odd reason, they're just going with the most realistic characters possible, so they would probably leave him out solely due to the fact that he's a cartoon animal.

Namco X Capcom PS2 (Klonoa and Guntz to Densetsu no Star Medal cameo) Klonoa and Guntz friends.
Tales of Hearts DS (Klonoa Wii remake cameo) Klonoa and Moo balloon, friends Guntz guys i should.
Keroro RPG DS (Klonoa and Guntz racer cameo) Klonoa and Moo balloon to friends Guntz crossovers.

Klonoa knowledge cameo RPG weapon ring cartoon to Namco crossovers.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: Project X Zone 2: Brave New World for 3DS Bandai Namco Games
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 06:24:12 pm »

Let me get this straight. You're judging the game based on the roster, even though we don't know the full roster yet and won't until the game comes out.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 08:02:50 pm »

Let me get this straight. You're judging the game based on the roster, even though we don't know the full roster yet and won't until the game comes out.

I made similair assumptions of the first game when that game's initial roster was revealed. Except in that case, I was HIGHLY optimistic that they'd be putting in even just ONE character I might have some attachment to.

Did they? Nope. Not in the least.

So, did the new trailer for the new game show ANY characters I might be interested in?...still nope.

Needless to say, I don't have particularly high hopes in this game if it can't even adress the ONE ISSUE I had with the first one with the ONE THING it showed in the announcement trailer.

Plus, there's still no Sonic. I don't care WHAT you or anyone here has against him: he's MORE than significant enough to be put into a massive crossover...ANYTHING. His sole prescence is pretty much guranteed to make a game sell. So, why, oh, WHY, is he not in the announcement trailer, the ONE THING geared towards hyping up people to buy the game? Because he's more than likely not in it. And why may that be? Because, perhaps they're still going with the same exact design process that they went with on the first game, and that would be having just realistically-proportioned characters. The fact that all of the new characters are such does not convince me otherwise that this game is going to be any different.

Sure, MAYBE they'll adress some of the concerns people had with the first game, like the fact that, outside of character appeal, the game was relatively shallow (and none of the characters appealed to me in that, so...yeah), but this trailer doesn't even show that sort of thing off. Maybe when they show off more characters, and MAYBE if one of said characters- and even just ONE- of the ones I wanted are shown off, then maybe- MAYBE- I'll be inclined to MAYBE be interested in getting this game. But it doesn't show ANYTHING that I want in this, despite it somehow having one of the most awesome concepts for it possible. Until then, I'm simply uninterested.

Yes, you COULD say that I'm judging this game based solely on the roster. But what else do I have to judge when it's the only thing they actually showed? If anything, they're STILL using the characers as the main selling point here. And none of thoe characters interest me. Ergo, I'm not interested in buying it.

And don't you even think about bringing up the fact that Ryu and Ken weren't shown in the reveal, either. I don't care enough about either of those two to warrant a purchase, and their abscense still doesn't debunk my "realistically-proportioned character" theory, since they ARE realistically proportioned, and them being revealed later doesn't automatically mean characters of a different body type would be revealed later, as well.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »
Project x Zone be Megaman X and Zero cameo Capcom's crossovers.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:26:50 pm by CarminaSuva »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:44 pm »
I've compiled all the screenshots so far into this video I made. (About darn time this video went up.)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7GMfTPlVY

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 09:41:19 pm »
I passed on the first game, but I miiight get this one?? Kinda depends on the teams, really.
(Seriously, who thought pairing Dante with Dimitri was a good idea...)
Hoping Bayonetta gets in, Jeanne too, will be disappointed if they don't.
[

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 07:50:59 am »
(Seriously, who thought pairing Dante with Dimitri was a good idea...)

I think the only reason they're paired up in the first game is because their Japanese voice actors are best friends in real life.