No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Video game artstyle / aesthetics / graphics / sounddesign / music /atmosphere.  (Read 1275 times)

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
I was thinking about some artstyles and decided to open a new topic.

I adore the the artstyle of TLOZ: TP and SSB: Brawl their artstyle is pretty much goated, I just love the look of these games.
The way the characters and the enviremont look. And those dark colors...

I have a boner for the atmosphere of TP, the dark and childish artstyle, the amazing sound design and soundtrack, I just love it.  ;D

The only game that has a artstyle that I like as much as TP's is Dragon's Dogma's artstyle.

I just love how the armor and all the monsters look in the game, Dragon's Dogma's artstyle isn't that special,
but it does (almost) everything right. I just have a soft spot for dark games. ;)

(I really suck at getting into details  :( )

Let me know what your favourite artstyle is...  :hey:

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
I like Brawl, but i also like the looks of Melee a lot, both are my favorite games in the series, but also have the strongest styles in my opinion.

So, what else... Tekken 2, yup, not 3.
But i just said i loved Brawl's realistic gritty style, well Tekken 3 has this more late 90s gritty angsty badass look, i, don't really like it honestly, it isn't realistic tho, Tekken 2 for me has such a cool style and presentation... It is hard to pin point, but there is probably a video about that. (there is)
t=0s

It just feels fantastical and grand, majestic even... The music is so, soo good... Very mid 90s MIDI.

Speaking of Namco and Playstation...

I like the atmospheres of the original Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil on Playstation 1 and 2, it is hard to pin point what i like about them, but there is a certain majestic feeling to Phantomile with the colors, locations, like, look at Cress, or Breezegale, any place in this world is just, so, undescribably "wow", and i like the super cute looks that only DtP PS1 had, but, was kinda dropped any game after, it is what i like to try and follow!  :big_smile: (although with a bit more roughness to lines, and bulkyness)

Undertale... Where do i start? I guess the only thing i need to mention, is the waterfall part of the game.  ;)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
I have Tekken 2, maybe I should try it out.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
Another Game wuch style I really like is Valkyria Chronicles.

I like the graphics and the sound design of this game.

I especially enjoy the weapons and unit design. 

(might edit for details)