Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The WarioWare Thread (DISCUSS!)  (Read 1617 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
The WarioWare Thread (DISCUSS!)
« on: November 29, 2014, 11:55:08 pm »
Been in a WarioWare mood lately (as you might tell from my Kat avatar if you're familiar with the series), so I figure I post something here. I am not in the mood to search for any preexisting WarioWare threads, so if there is one, this one can be merged with that one.

First of all, I enjoy what I've played of the series. It's surprisingly fun for a bunch of "microgames" which are a few seconds long each.

It's the characters that keep me coming back. There's Wario himself, of course, but I especially like 9-Volt, Kat, Ana, Ashley. I also like the other characters. Each one has a unique quirk, and a unique theme to their microgames, which helps keep things interesting.

The weakest one, however, is Game & Wario. It's not because it tried something different (which I can respect), but because of the execution. It has some uneveness to it, mainly because it has some of the series' best moments, and it has some of the series' worst as well. The other games I played had a fairly consistent quality, regardless of how different the moments were.

That said, I still found Game & Wario to be a fairly good one, and one of the Wii U games I play extensively.

Any thoughts you wish to post?

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: The WarioWare Thread (DISCUSS!)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:01:49 am »
Well, I've never played Game and Wario, but from what I've heard of it, it's rather...meh.

...except for the "Gamer" part. That's pretty much sheer genius, and EASILY the best part of the game. Heck, it's probably the only reason I'd like to get it...

Anyway, I widely consider WarioWare: Twisted! The best entry in the franchise. It's fun, it's creative, and the motion control helps to keep it..well, fun.

And WarioWare: D.I.Y. Is a close second. I'm a sucker for customization of any kind, so making your own Microgames? Yes, please. As you can imagine, that lent itself well to replay value. (Sigh...if only it had just a few more colors for color palattes...you can only do so much with red/white checkerboarded Kirby, ya know?)

And I haven't played the Wii WarioWare, so no opinions on that, sorry.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
Re: The WarioWare Thread (DISCUSS!)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:25:44 am »
I remember playing Wario Ware : Smooth Moves...
10/10
Wario'd.