There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: New trademark registered - Klonoa Encore  (Read 14519 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: New trademark registered - Klonoa Encore
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2020, 06:23:58 am »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Warp

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Blasting music 24/7
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2020, 09:29:59 am »
Yooo I'm getting more hopeful now!

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 04:08:52 am »

“Klonoa Encore" trademark has gone from "pending-application-awaiting examination" (係属-出願-審査中) status to "Survival-Registration-Continuation" (存続-登録-継続) on September 7th, 2020.

Anybody else getting excited?  :O

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 11:01:38 am »
I'm not familiar with trademarks. I assume "Survival" means they registered to keep the Klonoa franchise under their control. "Registration" I suppose is just standard saying they own it.

Where I'm really intrigued is "Continuation". Do they intend to continue the franchise in the near future? Does Encore include bonus level material? It probably does not cost any extra to declare Continuation in the application but I do wonder.

Offline PoonyuPo

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2020, 12:59:45 am »
I created an accounted just to reply to this post haha. Glad to see that Klonoa still has a chance to return from the dead, despite the movie being cancelled, and I'm even more happy to see that there's a lot of passionate Klonoa fans out there.

It took a while but people seem to be finally remembering Klonoa, there's a lot of youtube videos with a big views count and people playing the game. One of the biggest surprises for me this year was to see Korone (Vtuber) play Klonoa DtP, she really enjoyed the game and she's quite famous. Just looking at the comments for Korone's streams it seems that a lot of people took interest in playing Klonoa.

It's definitely the best time for Klonoa to return, there's the trend in developers/publishers ressurecting old IPs (Crash, Spyro, Spongebob games, etc.) with remakes and new games, plus a rise in Klonoa's popularity.

That said, I really hope that Klonoa of the Wind Encore is a remake of Klonoa DtP + 2, if they just remake DtP or remaster the Wii version it's fine, but even today there's some problems when it comes to emulating Klonoa 2, we need a proper remake to that game.

Also if Klonoa of the Wind Encore does happen, I hope Bandai Namco doesn't kill the IP again with utterly bad marketing as they did with Klonoa 2 and, especially, Klonoa Wii.

Well, we can only hope. Regardless of what happens, I just wish to see this criminally underrated series to be loved and appreciated by as many people as possible.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2020, 05:45:24 pm »
A quick correction on the translation of the current trademark status: it is  “LIVE/Registration/Issued and Active”. According to JAPIO (Japan Patent Information Organisation) this status means “The trademark application has been registered/published with the government office.” [https://www.japio.or.jp/00yearbook/files/2017book/17_1_08.pdf] From observation, this appears to be the last step before an official announcement, it’s just a matter of when though.

I hope I don't have to stare at more trademarks in the future... trying to understand how trademarks/patents work is nightmarish ESPECIALLY in another language.  x_x

Special thanks to @evilarceus1 on twitter for the help clarifying.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2020, 03:17:31 am »

New addition added yesterday (9/25/20): Record of Registration - Registration Certificate (登録記録 登録証)

For most trademarks Bandai Namco has registered, this would appear to be the last step but the time between this and an actual announcement always differs.
I'm still feeling positive about this.  :)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2021, 08:20:10 pm »
Interesting development. Outside of Mr Driller and Klonoa, every Encore trademark was either rejected, or dropped.
https://klonoa-at-blog.tumblr.com/post/648680240956243968/klonoa-at-blog-klonoa-at-blog-klonoa-at-blog
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2021, 07:53:35 am »
So, uh, I don't know if this is relevent or not, but uuuum.. remember this thread? https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=367.0

yeah, so, if this article was legit, then, that's some epic foreshadowing there  :bad_straight_face:

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2021, 11:47:49 pm »
I can't wait for Klonoa Encore to be awful!  :bad_straight_face: Nah, at this point the franchise should just rest. The image of Klonoa on PS5 in my head isn't something that I want to be real. Honestly, all I really want is a collection of every game in the series, maybe giving Klonoa heroes and Moonlight Museum translations, especially in the latter's case. Moonlight Museum is the only one of the Klonoa handheld games or spin-offs that really feels like Klonoa to me in a way that I can't really describe. I just don't want the legacy of these legendary titles to be tarnished in any way by a remake, and considering Namco's efforts on the Wii, that'll probably happen once more. I'm just a little sad that nobody else seems to really have this mindset with Klonoa Encore, especially in this community.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery