You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: AGiLE-EaGLE1994 has entered Phantomile's airspace!  (Read 1218 times)

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Shameless Wiimake Enjoyer.
AGiLE-EaGLE1994 has entered Phantomile's airspace!
« on: October 04, 2023, 01:03:29 pm »
Hey everybody, you might know me as Shameless Wiimake Enjoyer on Klonoa Mega Chat. I just decided to make an account here because... Why not? Plus, internet forums are a rare breed nowadays, and it's kinda a blast from the past, a bit nostalgic in a way, to get to actually use one again. I can really tell that SMF is from back in the day, since it has spaces to add MySpace and MSN usernames in user profiles.

Tangent aside, Klonoa's a new special interest that's been devouring my hobbies. x'D I've always liked the fluffy boi, but it took until recently for me to start getting into him majorly.
Eric Stitt's voice for Klonoa is fitting, and I will die on that hill.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: AGiLE-EaGLE1994 has entered Phantomile's airspace!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 01:07:42 pm »
I recognize you. Welcome to the forums.

I'm in the process of updating so that it won't be as outdated as it is.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 01:11:55 pm »
Hi, i'm glad to see a new member coming by! Specially one that respects Klonoa Wii-make.  ;) Some one that swalloed the red pill... I look forward to!

Wii-make gets undeserved hate, and somehow PRS does not despite being a step forward while being 2 steps back in every sense.  :tired:

Any ways, welcome.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 01:48:44 pm »
To Rapappa: THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't hate it. It seems to me like Eric's voice for Klonoa is the only reason so many people dislike it.
I think Eric got a lot of undeserved criticism over that, considering that he wasn't told Klonoa wasn't an adult, and also that Klonoa DOES appear to be an adult in the Wiimake, and he should actually be 20 in it if you go by the age that his creators gave for how old he was in Lunatea's Veil and Door to Phantomile, assuming that you consider it a separate game where the same events happened again but in the future.

My reason for thinking this? He was 9 in DtP (Released 1997) and 13 LV was released 2001, that's a 4 year difference, and 9 + 4 = 13, which was the age given for him in LV, which lines up. The Wiimake came out in 2008, and 2008 - 2001 = 7. 7 + 13 - 20. He looks like an adult in the Wiimake, he sounds like an adult in the Wiimake, and according to release dates and the ages given for him by the creators, he should be an adult in the Wiimake, so as far as I'm concerned, Eric's voice fits.

To Darai: I remember you too! I saw you retired from KMC, I can imagine how stressful managing a large, highly active community for so long would be, when you're getting older when offline issues are much more important and you don't have time for managing an online community anymore. Regardless, I think many there will miss you.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 09:25:30 pm »
Oh no! A Wiimake enjoyer, my weakness! It's not like one of my Discord colleagues likes to mess with us about it all the time, guess it is time to put on the Nostalgia Helmet  x_x

Jokes aside I do agree Eric got a lot of flak even though he was just doing his job, Namco was aimless with the Klonoa IP back then as they never figured out how to sell it to the west, they hastily attempted to appeal to the gaming audience of that era.

Funnily enough I already imagined that Klonoa was about 8 in DtP and 12 in LV, so not too far off!

Anyhow welcome aboard! Please enjoy your time on this fabulous forum!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 09:34:54 pm »
Glad to have you here! :D

I much prefer forums over Discord myself, would love for more people to go back to them.

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023, 09:30:42 am »
Glad to have you here! :D

I much prefer forums over Discord myself, would love for more people to go back to them.
Thank you for acknowledging that! He did (and probably still does) get a lot of unnecessary flak over it. And Namco has always had issues selling Klonoa to the West, which is probably why he's practically unheard of outside of Japan.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 10:06:37 am »
Thank you for acknowledging that! He did (and probably still does) get a lot of unnecessary flak over it. And Namco has always had issues selling Klonoa to the West, which is probably why he's practically unheard of outside of Japan.
Yeah, there are zero marketing of Klonoa outside of Japan. And I don't get why they wouldn't market it, PRS (and Klonoa franchise as a whole) could get a big following if they did.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! As you said, in the world of ultra centralized social networks, forums are a rare breed nowadays, but we try to keep this place up and running as best as we can.

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 09:06:44 pm »
Yeah, there are zero marketing of Klonoa outside of Japan. And I don't get why they wouldn't market it, PRS (and Klonoa franchise as a whole) could get a big following if they did.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! As you said, in the world of ultra centralized social networks, forums are a rare breed nowadays, but we try to keep this place up and running as best as we can.

Honestly, it's nice to see a bit of the old internet still alive and kicking, it really is nostalgic for me, using a forum. For the longest time I thought they were completely extinct, but I'm relieved they're not. They're obviously much smaller communities now though, with platforms such as Discord having mostly displaced them.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 09:09:59 pm »
UHKC is better than KMC, and besides, i prefer being away from the majority of the fandom (which i don't like very much, i've been in the KMC before, me no likey being there), and unite with more, niche-ish people.  :big_smile:

I'm honestly really glad to get 2 new members that are active, and post things.  :)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/