Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Them's Fightin' Herds  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
Them's Fightin' Herds
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:24:13 am »

This is basically a spiritual successor to an old My Little Pony fangame, "Fighting is Magic", which got Ceast and Desisted by Hasbro. Lauren Faust (producer and developer for "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"),  reached out to the development team "Mane6" to help out with the project, eventually creating original characters (six main ones who are very similar to the Mane 6 in MLP) and the universe that is Foenum.

It is currently being funded on indiegogo.com and the process will end in 12 days. It is greenlit on Steam as well. Set for release in early 2017. I contributed about $55 for the project.

Indiegogo campaign - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/them-s-fightin-herds/x/12369452#/

Steam Greenlight page - http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523129840

SETTING
Quote from: Them's Fightin' Herds
Fœnum is a world inhabited entirely by sentient four legged, hoofed mammals. Across the land, these creatures have thrived much as we humans have, building societies and creating cultures revolving around the natural environment their particular species is indigenous to.

Right now, Fœnum is dominated by these hoofed mammals, but this was not always the case. Long ago, the very lives of the Fœnicians were threatened daily by the presence of PREDATORS. Toothy, carnivorous beasts who were eventually BANISHED to a magical realm generations ago, ushering in a prosperous and peaceful era for the grateful grass eaters.

But the time of peace is almost over. Countless packs and prides of Predators have discovered a way to escape their supernatural prison and are on the verge of infiltrating Fœnum en masse, led by the greatest and most horrible of them all! And so each nation of Fœnum has sent their strongest, bravest, most skilled of their race to face the Predators’ Leader and close the portal of the prison realm with an enchanted key. But it is up to each of these “Key Seekers” to become the one and only “Key Keeper” by securing the key for themselves  – even if it means to take it by force! Which it does.

Who will claim the key? Who will face the terrifying leader of the predators? And will she save Fœnum? You will have to play to find out!

Playable Characters

Arizona (Applejack)

Hailing from The Prairie, Arizona is an honest, honorable, hardworking and brave calf who also has a big heart and is idealistic to the point of naivety. When Cattlekind heard about the call for a Key Keeper, they decided to hold a lottery to see who should be their champion. Late in the night, a little calf, the youngest daughter of the herd leader, added her noseprint to the ballot. On the day of the choosing, Arizona's noseprint was chosen. Her father and herd leader, Texas was shocked at the revelation. He refused to let her be chosen for her safety, but the headstrong calf reasoned that "The future belongs to the young". To settle the argument, father and daughter fought each other. Using her speed, strength and signature shockwave stomp, the little calf managed to overcome and defeat her massive bull of a father. After his defeat, he knew that she would be the best representative of The Prairie.

Velvet (Rarity)

In the nation of Rein, out on The Tundra, the deerfolk held a competition to see who would be best for the position of Key Keeper. The winner of the competition was a young doe named Velvet. What she lacks in brute strength, she makes up with agility, grace and finesse. She also has considerable talent in conjuring and controlling ice and snow. The source of this magic is in the form of magic oats, which is provided by the Ice Sprites, elf-like creatures that care and pamper the reindeer of Rein and have done so for generations.

Paprika (Pinkie Pie)

For a long time, it was believed that the Alpake Clan of The High Plains knew nothing about what was beyond the remote Huacaya Mountains. At least until they received news of the tournament. After hearing about it, they were only enthusiastic about entering. One alpaca in particular is even more enthusiastic then most. Harboring a manic energy, Paprika is all but willing to give out as much love as possible... Even if that's bad news for the receiver.

Pom (Fluttershy)

The Sheepkin, residents of the small city-state known as The Meadow, are a democratic society that follows the will of the herd. They'll vote for the first suggestion that any sheep happens to make. When they heard about the Key Keeper call, they held an election to see what the best course of action should be. One tiny lamb suggested her opinion that they should enter. This astounded everyone else to the point that they assumed that she's easily the bravest of all. So it was that unfortunate tiny lamb, named Pom, who ended up being in charge of being a Key Seeker. With only her pack of sheep dog puppies to accompany her, she's trying her hardest to avoid the fights, but her puppies keep on winning them for her. But it is possible that the one with enough strength to voice her opinion may also have enough strength to save Fœnum.

Tianhuo (Rainbow Dash)

High above in the clouds of The Volcano there's diminutive empire of Houshan. It is home to the Longma, a creature that's half-horse, half-dragon. These very proud half-breeds are all members of their military and not only sworn to protect their empress, but all of Fœnum itself. The Empress's choice for who should be the Key Seeker is none other then Tianhuo: Captain of the Imperial Guard and greatest that these half-breeds have to offer.

Oleander (Twilight Sparkle)

When news of the Key Keeper tournament reached the unicorns of The Woodland, they ignored it, as the reclusive and reverent Order Of The Horn does not participate in violence of any kind and believe that light magic will prevail, even if they didn't know how. This however didn't stop one unicorn from taking a stand. Oleander is the resident rebel who is frustrated by her people's close-minded philosophies and wishes for progress. She found it in the form of a book. A book on Dark Magic. However, this came at a price as this turned her coat black. Now an outcast among her people, she's decided to set out to save Fœnum and to prove that Darkness is just as good as Light.

Virtual Lobby

Gameplay video

Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Them's Fightin' Herds
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 03:42:56 pm »
I'm not into MLP anymore but I'm actually really liking what I've seen of this game so far! It's very appealing visually and it looks fun. The dynamic music system is rad as heck, too.

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 04:07:51 pm »
It's actually not MLP related. It has its own universe amd lore created by Lauren Faust. ;3

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
It's actually not MLP related. It has its own universe amd lore created by Lauren Faust. ;3
Oh, I know! It evolved from MLP though and the influence still does show; it's still kind of a """"brony"""" game (I'm using the term super loosely here and I don't mean it in a bad way).
It's inspirations pretty clear but that's not a bad thing imo!! I'm really glad they went for an original route, it's much more interesting and accessible.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »
Oh, I know! It evolved from MLP though and the influence still does show; it's still kind of a """"brony"""" game (I'm using the term super loosely here and I don't mean it in a bad way).
It's inspirations pretty clear but that's not a bad thing imo!! I'm really glad they went for an original route, it's much more interesting and accessible.

It evolved the same way Freedom Planet evolved from Sonic

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 11:03:11 pm »
My brother introduced me to this yesterday, and im pretty interested. I played some Fighting is Magic in beta and i have to say i really enjoyed how it handled, if this is anything like that i'll deffinetely be keeping an eye on it and try it out when a demo comes out. It looks really cool (plus i love cartoony fighting games X3)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 12:31:06 am »
I'm interested in the game. I too played Fighting Is Magic when it was available and it was different, entertaining. Unfortunately though I could easily drop $15 to buy this game I think I'm going to either wait or abstain. Reason is I have a hard time delving deep enough into 2d fighters; Guilty Gear, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat X, Ultimate Street Fighter 4...I have access to all those but never really learned a character. Continually I know none of my friends will play TFH...I know it has online but games aren't as fun when not sitting next to a friend imo

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 11:38:02 pm »
It's been funded~

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »
One of the battle themes.