No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [OFFICIAL] Best OST  (Read 2219 times)

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
[OFFICIAL] Best OST
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:39:50 pm »
I'm a horrible  referee hehe.  Okay I'll make this post and then grade the other posts that were made.  Meanwhile which OST was better?

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: [OFFICIAL] Best OST
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 05:14:22 pm »
Lunatea's by far. Yes, they're both great, but Lunatea has the oh-so catchy Stepping Wind, as well as the Kingof Sorrow's Theme, Hyuponia, and...well, a lot of other great tracks.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »
I am heavily undecided heh I'm falling back to neutral after only a few weeks that's lulzy.
I like them both a lot. Outside of versus month I like some tracks in Lunatea more but this is like 1% more. Inside of versus month I go propaganda mode and will say Phantomile!

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:20:37 pm »
Not even close it's Lunatea. Overall one of the most well rounded soundtracks ever made.
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 10:25:48 pm »
Huepow and King of Sorrow alone sadness Klonoa's dreams.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:50:20 pm »
In my opinion, all Klonoa music is just... Good... Just... All of it I love so much  :embarassed:

Since I haven't listened to Lunatea's soundtrack outside of playing the game like I have with Phantomile's, my opinion is going to be skewed, so I'm not going to try criticizing LV's ost to make Phantomile's look better because that wouldn't really be a fair assessment. I can, however, praise Phantomile's ost.

What I love so much about it is how each track is so unique and so perfectly describes each environment on an auditory level, and some of the tracks, like the level before grandpa dies and the time of restoration, evoke a sense of urgency and really makes you want to press on into the game (as if the game being rediculously fun and beautiful wasn't already enough  ;D ) some of the tracks even feel like a mix of ambiance and music, which is a nice touch considering how many natural locations this game takes place in.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 12:49:01 am »
I really liked both Phantomile and Lunatea's  soundtrack. ;D

They all just blend in to their corresponding environments. :)

This is gonna be a draw for me guys. ;)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 08:44:47 am »
Both soundtracks are amazing but I prefer Phantomile's more, you can imagine the area where it's played just by listening to the soundtrack.

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »
I'm going to side with Lunatea on this one. Overall Lunatea has much more variety  in its OST with some very catchy songs.  From Jungle DRUMS to the clanging rhythmical noises  from the Volk factory  to the eerie sounds of Dark Sea of Tears each song invokes different  moods.  Phantomile has great songs yes but it seems that they took that and improved it in Lunatea. 

Thread locked