Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The origins of your username  (Read 7591 times)

Offline PastelPlushie64

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
    • My Art Blog
Re: The origins of your username
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 06:37:59 pm »
The 'Pastel' part comes from my growing love of pastel colours and aesthetic over the past year or two. I don't use them in my artwork really, which is kinda funny to me, but I still love how they look! I'm also just used to my online friends referring to me as Pastel by this point XD

The 'Plushie' part, naturally, comes from my love of plushes and soft toys. I just love to hug huge teddy bears and Disney toys XD

The '64' part is the most interesting to me though. You could think that it relates to my strong interest in video games, and while now I love how that idea has panned out for me, I actually just picked the number because I happened to like it when I was younger. I've used it for older online usernames like 'KerriTheCat64' and 'SophTheHedgie64', and never picked it for video game related reasons. If anything, I grew up on Nintendo GameCube/GBA/DS, so any consoles or Handhelds older than that I wouldn't have even known of back then XD

Offline Dax Kane

• Wind
  • I'm new to this community, but not new to Klonoa.
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 01:13:37 pm »
My username derives from an old World of Warcraft minature I used to have (Warlock). Over the years I have developed my own fan character over this minature, however his overall character is inspired by many characteristics of many of my favorite characters, however  I don’t tend to make these too obvious, as I know the general rules on making a good OC. In armor, Daxin looks vaguely like my profile pic. ;)
I’m doing a couple of drawings currently, and I may release some of them on this site, as he is Klonoa related.

Offline M1nro

• Wind
  • Everything I say is highly debatable.
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 04:44:47 pm »
(Spoilers for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, but no context is given.)

SO: A while back, I'd been replaying PMD2, and it came time to name my team. I always name myself Mo when it comes to games, so I thought that naming my team "moded" would be ironic, as the player character "dies" at the end. I thought it just looked like I was too stupid to spell "modded", so I added an i-- and then another 'cause it looked like I didn't know how to spell "Modded I". So, I got "modedii", put in all lowercase for the aesthetic. I later changed the Is to Us for a secondary account, and found myself liking that name more.

Offline SuperKlonoa64

• demonic snorlax
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2022, 10:31:42 am »
It's nothing special really, just combined two of my favourite games that helped me get through my high school years. Super Mario 64 and Klonoa.
Note to self: Attend site more often.

Offline qwerty9537

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • klonoa 1 more like ..... i dunno
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 05:04:51 pm »
ah, I don't have the most interesting story
when I was eight, I was making a Roblox account and put qwerty, yknow as a starting point
then I just slammed my fingers on the numpad and.. 9537! and I just stuck with it, qwerty9537 ;D

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2022, 05:14:49 pm »
It's, well, Parapppa the Rapper, but, with the 1st letters switched and replaced the "a" on Rapper to "e", so that it becomes "pepper", so, Rapappa the Pepper! Which was also because, like, eating the pepper or something.  :embarassed:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Sinister Cat

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Huh?
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2022, 07:09:36 pm »
I was gonna go by SINISTAR, like the arcade game, then MGSV came out so I changed it to Sinister Cat because that's a possible code name for your soldiers, on top of it being similar to SINISTAR and I like cats. I was gonna change it back but then I made friends who bizarrely called me by the second part of my handle rather than the first like everyone else, so I kept it.

Note: it's incredibly rare to get a soldier with the code name Sinister Cat, I only got 1 guy once on my old PS4 save and still haven't on my PC save
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 07:11:10 pm by Sinister Cat »
Get yourself together man. Move offshore. Buy an oil rig. Start a mercenary group. Get six or seven operators... Eat rations with them. Book some contracts. Burn down a Soviet base. Listen to David Bowie. Start some kinda paramilitary organization

YukarinUniversalTraveler

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2022, 03:47:32 pm »
So there's this game series called Touhou Project, and there's a character named Yukari Yakumo, who just happened to be my favorite.
So it all started with my DeviantArt nickname, which is, like, "Yukari-Kaenbyou", combining Yukari's name, with Rin Kaenbyou's(my second favorite character) surname.
I no longer use Kaenbyou and I've added an "n" at the end of the first name to form "Yukarin", which is the nickname I go by in the internet.
I liked the name Yukari because that's actually the Japanese word for "purple", which is my favorite color, and adding an "n" at the end of some Japanese names automatically means it's, like, an affectionate way to say the name (as it basically is an abbreviate form of the suffix "-chan"), so, I kept the nickname as "Yukarin", and that's how I named my avatar character.
The "Universal Traveler" is the title of the book that I plan to write, about Yukarin's adventures in her magic boat that drifts through outer space. :embarassed:

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2023, 06:27:06 pm »
My username was going to be PlatinumShiba but I decided against it. I have two shibas irl and they're amazing so I knew I wanted to include it somehow in my username. I was gonna name it PlatinumShiba after Pokémon Platinum but then I changed it as it was taken on some of the social media sites I use so I changed it to phantom as I just like the word  :embarassed:
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)