Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa 3D  (Read 1649 times)

Online HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
Re: Klonoa 3D
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 03:54:11 pm »
Some things that were running trough my head about Klonoa 3D

I had some thoughts back then when i brought this up...

Bossfights
I was thinking abot 3D boss fights, back then I saw them as a very hard thing to do, or as something were you have to break the rules. But today i realized that it woulden't be that hard. I have just defeated Joka (for the second time) in Klonoa Heroes, after that i was thinking about the bossfight in DTP and i realized you could pull this off in 3D... the bossfight would be the same just with a different prespective.
This Revelation somehow invoked a few original 3D bossfight ideas. I invisioned 2 bossfights: One against Rango Lango in some sort of "arena" and a bossfight against the first boss of dreamchamp tournement in a forrest or some ruins or both.

Level/Game Design:

I thought about multiple ways to design the levels...

1. A mix of 3D and 2.5D
Takeing a Super Mario Galaxy 2 approach (- the galaxy) would probabbly the most faithfull way to design a 3D Klonoa game. That means the game would have linear 3D level design and the 2.5D level design like Lunatea's Veil. Everything else seems to break the original design...

2. A Collectathon
The game will have large open levels that Klonoa will have to explore. He will search for: Objects, dream cyrstals, Mammet dolls ect. to enter the next level, he might return to previous but different levels to search for something else.
This game will have a hubworld that changes, over the course of this game.

3. Schizophrenic level design familiar to FFXIII
Instead of being a mix between 3D and 2.5D, it will be a mix between 2.5D and 3D, where the 3D parts are verey short.  :big_smile:

(Might be continued...)

If you guys have any thoughts let me know.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 01:59:45 pm by HaggisD1, Reason: Continueation »

Online HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2023, 01:34:12 pm »
I had this crazy idea for a level...

Recently i was thinking about a Level for Klonoa 3D...

Above Volk will be a some kind of air battle...

The Level starts of(f) with Klonoa getting blasted into the sky with a canon, he then will land on an aircraft.

The ojective is to destroy the engines of all the airships. This vision will have a lot of cannons, they will be used to get to the next airship (or any random minor aircraft i can think of).

And to escalate things even further there will apear black holes which are spreading evil and chaos, their number increases the closer you are to the end of this vision.

There will be a bossfight at the end, against Bicrash or something/someone elese.

The Level either ends with Klonoa getting sucked into a black hole, entering the (2nd) final world.

Or it ends with him chrashing down to earth again, revisiting old places now overun by even darker forceses...

- Is this to over the top?

- Does this still fit to Klonoa?

- Would this be a good idea for a level?

- Should i go into more details?

Guys let me know what you think about this.  :hey:

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 10:48:07 am »
The prospect of a fully 3D platformer starring the dream bunny has always been somewhat of a fascination for me.
If it helps any, there are two Proof-of-Concepts that might help you in your quest.

Klonoa: The Dream Chapter:
https://gamejolt.com/games/klonoa/503723

Klonoa 3D Concept:
https://gamejolt.com/games/klonoa3dconcept/787000
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Shameless Wiimake Enjoyer.
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2023, 10:17:08 am »
I had this crazy idea for a level...

Recently i was thinking about a Level for Klonoa 3D...

Above Volk will be a some kind of air battle...

The Level starts of(f) with Klonoa getting blasted into the sky with a canon, he then will land on an aircraft.

The ojective is to destroy the engines of all the airships. This vision will have a lot of cannons, they will be used to get to the next airship (or any random minor aircraft i can think of).

And to escalate things even further there will apear black holes which are spreading evil and chaos, their number increases the closer you are to the end of this vision.

There will be a bossfight at the end, against Bicrash or something/someone elese.

The Level either ends with Klonoa getting sucked into a black hole, entering the (2nd) final world.

Or it ends with him chrashing down to earth again, revisiting old places now overun by even darker forceses...

- Is this to over the top?

- Does this still fit to Klonoa?

- Would this be a good idea for a level?

- Should i go into more details?

Guys let me know what you think about this.  :hey:

>Riding an aircraft in a battle between other aircraft
Sounds like Leorina would be involved there and Klonoa would be riding on the Crimson Iris.
Eric Stitt's voice for Klonoa is fitting, and I will die on that hill.