Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Should gameboy games be an option for the 3DS?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
Should gameboy games be an option for the 3DS?
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »
So it's obvious some of us here LOVE the 3DS but it lacks being able to have gameboy color games or old school games how ever the virtual store on the Wii had Nintendo 64 games. So why can't the 3DS do the same with gameboy I'm talking import every gameboy advanced or color game into a virtual store. If not if the 3DS had a remake it should option gameboy advanced games like the DS did. Do you guys think Nintendo needs to add one of these options to the 3DS think about how many people would love to buy gameboy advanced games from the digital download store.
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Should gameboy games be an option for the 3DS?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:48:42 pm »
They actually offered GBA games to customers who bought the first 3DS around its first week of release or so :U  At this point though Nintendo's likely going to keep the rest in the Wii U virtual console. I'm guessing that's because since the 3DS gets new games at a much faster rate than the other, they think nobody's gonna pay attention to the older stuff on that system.

Plus, the GBA is very outdated at this point and I doubt newcomers would know what to do with a slot that'd be almost useless. This is why the DS dropped Game Boy support. Nintendo just filed a patent for an all-digital device as well so physical GBA support is dead.