We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Revival of Project Heroes  (Read 5521 times)

Offline CyberAquarius0107

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Revival of Project Heroes
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:13:42 pm »
Others and myself have decided to try and revive Project Heroes. We are looking for translators, sprite artists, and most importantly, rom hackers. I have some experience myself with rom hacking though my skills are limited. Even if you just want to leave feedback or follow development, check out the discord: https://discord.gg/CVTPh4F

We are currently in a pre-development phase while we try and find any work already completed in other attempts to create a translation of Legendary Star Medal. I plan to start development as soon as possible after that. If you have any questions, let me know.  ;D

Edit: Spelling error
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:17:17 pm by CyberAquarius0107 »

Offline FireBird-

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: Revival of Project Heroes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:24:39 pm »
This initiative makes me very happy. I don't have any coding, hacking or Japanese skills but I can do testing. This project is very important to the English-speaking Klonoa side of the fandom, best of luck to everyone involved in this effort!  :D

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:38:14 pm »
I wish you luck!! It's a really huge undertaking, so please don't overwork yourself. It is worth noting though, that the game is already translated very well in the threads of this board (the Script threads). The project died in the romhack portion, as for some reason the game is very difficult to hack, idk.
Out of curiosity, why the need for sprite artists?

Offline CyberAquarius0107

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 02:40:44 pm »
I wish you luck!! It's a really huge undertaking, so please don't overwork yourself. It is worth noting though, that the game is already translated very well in the threads of this board (the Script threads). The project died in the romhack portion, as for some reason the game is very difficult to hack, idk.
Out of curiosity, why the need for sprite artists?

Certain graphics are in Japanese so they would need to be retextured into English. The game logo is a prime example.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:42:01 pm »
Certain graphics are in Japanese so they would need to be retextured into English. The game logo is a prime example.
Ohhh I see, I see. I can maybe help with that, depending on the complexity.

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
Hey I wish you and the others luck on reviving the project! :smile2:

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:29:15 pm »
Aye! Best of luck on the revival! ;D

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 03:14:00 am »
I am extremely much interested  :O
Testing and Feedback I can definitely do. I might be able to retexture parts of the menus that are not encoded or compressed or whatever but I don't have much skills for messing with the KH rom beyond that :(

I do know a little japanese but not a lot which is why I mostly did item names and some other minor stuff last time I helped with a guide.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:52:59 pm by Vokadae »