No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?  (Read 9775 times)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Re: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 01:47:35 am »
Bought it the instant I saw Nintendo tweet it was available in the American e-shop. :)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 04:34:22 am »
I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while, but now that the game is actually available on the Wii U, how many people have actually purchased it...? I don't have a Wii U, I'm not allowed to have consoles outside of handhelds and a PC (I've stuck with emulators) but my girlfriend has a Wii U so I've managed to get her obsessed with the series so she'd be willing to buy it  :embarassed:

If it came out on the 3ds I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I check the e-shop every single day for a Klonoa release. Empire of Dreams was the very first Klonoa game I ever played. I have it on my gba4ios and an actual copy for my ds lite, and it holds a special place in my heart for introducing me to the series. It makes me so sad that so many Klonoa fans consider the GBA games un-canon or spin-offs. Beach Volley is a spin-off, the GBA games still have great story lines and characters, and hell, still have great graphics, music, and gameplay. Just because it's 16-bit 2D rather than 3D (or rather 2.5D) doesn't make it a game worth shunning? I never understood... perhaps it's just that the GBA games weren't really as hyped about in America as the Playstation games were...

And even so, buying EoD on the e-shop would only show Namco that people still care about Klonoa  ;D
Question, did the red text warning in the quick reply when you gone replying this?
If yes, then Prepare yourself.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 04:51:04 am »
If the GBA games came on the VC, I'd consider it.

I doubt they even have the source code for the canceled Gamecube port of Lunatea's Veil, though. It was never released, why bother keeping it, would be their logic, I would think. I do see them doing an HD port, however.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 08:31:45 am »
Still no plan to get a Wii U for now. Nintendo said they're preparing a new console for "emerging markets" and I would like to see it before making any decisions.

Don't worry if anyone says EoD isn't canon. The relation between the games is never clarified except DtP and LV.

Off-topic: Actually, GBA is a 32-bit handheld console with 15bit color depth.

If the GBA games came on the VC, I'd consider it.

I doubt they even have the source code for the canceled Gamecube port of Lunatea's Veil, though. It was never released, why bother keeping it, would be their logic, I would think. I do see them doing an HD port, however.
Empire of Dreams has been released on Wii U Virtual Console already. Did you start to consider it?

Canceled port? Wasn't Lunatea's Veil a GameCube game at the first place?
Lunatea's Veil is based on Unite Engine made by Namco. Since the engine is cross-platform, I bet the staff didn't have to abandon the prototype GC game. They could rewrite some code and turn it into a PS2 game easily.

I have to correct my earlier statement in this thread: No GBA games were ever released on Wii.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:46:03 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »
@the_darai: Don't you mean show?

@confuted: You have to have a Wii U to download any virtual console games on it. You can't buy it without buying the system.
Virtual Console also works with Wii, which is cheaper if you don't want Wii U exclusives.  ;)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 07:12:37 pm »
@the_darai: Don't you mean show?

@confuted: You have to have a Wii U to download any virtual console games on it. You can't buy it without buying the system.
Virtual Console also works with Wii, which is cheaper if you don't want Wii U exclusives.  ;)

Yes, but there are WiiU-exclusive Virtual Console games, too. Like Klonoa:EoD.

And, nothing for nothing, but...don't you find the idea of responding to something said 9 months ago a little silly?

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).