Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What Truely Got You Into the Series?  (Read 10867 times)

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
What Truely Got You Into the Series?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 03:49:38 pm »
Quote from: "Daemyn"
Meh maybe I'll post my thoughts in whatever new thread comes up but I'm not used to 4chan so idk how long it will be before I do.
If you put a link up to a new thread  I'll make attempts to keep things from going downhill.
once I figure out 4chan a little.

I'm up at various times through out night and day.
I don't have comics or anything to really upload aside from what I find in the games themselves:c I do have  774 screenshots from klonoa 2 though.

Alright, next time a thread comes up, I'll post it in the shoutbox.

Sceenshots work, although people are probably going to ask you how you managed to get the game to run on an emulator (because most people seem to have problems with it). Your best bet is Fan Art, or making OC (from the comics, or other things).

If you need any help I would be glad to give you a quick run down of what to do.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 04:40:08 pm »
I can't draw by hand x_x or rather I refuse.
I have no problem taking a picture or set of textures in the wiimake's case and editing it though.

No clue what OC means.

Yeah getting Klonoa 2 to run on pcsx2 is not straight forward and easy I have to save sate before after the namco screen to get it to move on to the intro.
And even then more glitches happen. Nearly all the water is garbled and the fire in volk city/inferno is invisible.
The wind bullet sound effect does not work for whatever accursed reason.
Use Zero spu2 plugin if they want sound to work any.
If anything else lots of trial and error and a ton of patience.

I've enjoyed replaying the series on emulator lately since I can test things I could not mess with as easily on the console.

I've not ever finished the handheld games heros empire of dreams e.t.c but I'll eventually get around to that.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:15 pm »
I have no problem taking a picture or set of textures in the wiimake's case and editing it though.

No clue what OC means.

Yeah getting Klonoa 2 to run on pcsx2 is not straight forward and easy I have to save sate before after the namco screen to get it to move on to the intro.
And even then more glitches happen. Nearly all the water is garbled and the fire in volk city/inferno is invisible.

I've enjoyed replaying the series on emulator lately since I can test things I could not mess with as easily on the console.

I've not ever finished the handheld games heros empire of dreams e.t.c but I'll eventually get around to that.

The fan art doesn't have to be yours. As long as it's good, you'll be fine.

OC Means Original Content. That doesn't mean it has to be completely original though. In my opinion, the easiest way to make OC is by creating reaction faces (images used on 4chan, and elsewhere to express emotion beyond text). The easiest way to do this is to crop fan art or comics to get a face (or even words, which you can edit too). Here's an example of something I just made from the four panel comic strips.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:56:56 pm by nebulavista »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 10:13:14 am »

No clue what OC means.

I remember that good old times when I tried to run LV on emu. I remember that glitchy water. After about an hour of frustrations, I was like: "F*ck it, I'm buying a ps2" and bought one. Solving problems like a boss.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:16:08 am by Gyzyn »

Offline salehmo2000

• A die-hard Klonoa fan
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 02:54:18 am »
What truely got me into the series was Klonoa himself,I remember back in 2001 when i bought PS2,there was a demo disc and it contained a demo version of Klonoa 2 ;),I wanted to buy it badly and finally bought it and I still play it nowadays,then i got to play the whole series. :)

Offline Katesune

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 11:15:31 am »
What first got me into the series was an article in Tips and Tricks Magazine. (This'n right here! Looking back on it, they really spoiled some important stuff.) I thought the art style was really cool. It reminded me of Sonic, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, that sorta thing. I didn't get the chance to pick up the actual game until a little while later, when I saw it on display in Blockbuster. The rest is history  ^_^

Now, what truly got me into the series was a combination of the gameplay and the music. At first, I thought I was going to dislike the whole "side-scroller but not really" aspect (3D side-scroller? I forget the actual term for it lol). However, with all of the dynamic camera angles, the game's environments felt very open. I didn't think I was playing a side-scroller at all! Also, like MMZenex said, the way you used the enemies added a whole other layer to it. Few, if any, enemies were arbitrarily placed. If something was there, chances are it had a purpose. It made the puzzles a lot of fun.

As for the music, the first thing that caught my ear was just how good it was. I loved how it would seamlessly transition between areas, like between the main Sea of Tears level and the caves. Maybe I never noticed game music before then or something, because Klonoa 2 became the jumping-off point for my game/anime/movie OST obsession.

Offline Super Klonoa

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • The Dreamer of Light
Re: What Truely Got You Into the Series?
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:46 pm »
Um, yeah, I became a Klonoa fan in September 2001. On the probably now-defunct Sonic HQ's forums on ezboard, there was this one member running around with a Klonoa username and avatar. Like so many others in this fandom, what attracted my attention was not only that the character had long floppy ears, but the character also looked like a Sonic character. What's more was that he was in one of Sonic's poses as well, the folding arms with the waving finger pose.  So yeah, that got my attention, and even though I didn't have a PS2 at the time, I guess I instantly just became a Klonoa fan due to him looking like a Sonic character.

So yeah, I'm pretty much an ancient Klonoa fan (hyperbole of course, but you get the idea). In fact, the old Klonoa Fan Club forums had a predecessor: that of the community I founded on ezboard called the Realm of Klonoa. It was there that I met most of the people that then went on to the first KFC as founded by Skip Dunbar.

For a long period of time, things were smooth-going... until one day, Skip suddenly abandoned us all and we were pretty much left on a temporary forum by one of my friends.

And it was not until the Arabian guy came, not to mention my own obsessions getting the best of me, that things truly went downhill...

PSN ID: Super_Klonoa

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:17 pm »
Well much like SK above, I got into Klonoa by sheer accident due to mistaking what franchise he was from. Even then I knew for sure he wasn't no Sonic character. I was basically searching up AMVs for TailsXCosmo from Sonic X, and this one person's particular set of videos always had an intro that appeared to use footage from the Klonoa Heroes animated trailer. I asked what anime it was from, and I was then told it was actually from a game called Klonoa. I looked more into detail with Klonoa, and I'd have to give an estimate time of either 2008-2009 as to when I originally looked into the franchise.

The gameplay, on the other hand, didn't seem to appeal to me initially since it was basically on a 2.5D plane of movement, but later one (2013) I was convinced to do a Let's Play of the first game on my ePSXe emulator since I constantly saw my friend with a Klonoa avatar, and after doing more research into the series while playing through the first game, I discovered much more than I originally knew. I tried to start my own fanfic, but I soon erased it once I figured out I did a ton of research wrong about the series. Even then, there are still many mysteries I do not seem to fully understand about this series. It's definitely a tearjerking platformer series if anything else with how the endings are handled in the two main games.

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 06:14:42 pm »
Truly, salehmo2000 (BROTHER) is the ONE who told me about this series, le end

Offline NickingAde

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Empire of Dreams Speed-Runner!
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2014, 12:49:31 am »
I remember my brother getting Empire of Dreams as a gift and we played the hell out of it. It was the first game I ever beat by myself, and I'm proud of it!  ;)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams World 1 Any%: 7:19.8