For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Who exactly are these characters?  (Read 3010 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Who exactly are these characters?
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:10:59 am »
So you know I was looking through some old posts but I couldn't help but to wonder these particular characters that stood out to me:

It seemed like by design these characters might have had a role in the game, or at least initially. I find that I cannot find these particular characters in the game. Yet they are given some unique designs. What do you think?

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Who exactly are these characters?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 12:48:47 am »
Doesn't at least one of them appear in the credits?

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:49:44 am »
You'd be surprised to find how many NPC models are in the game that we don't particularly see all that often. My guess is they're just a few of the several backround characters we've seen in the game every now and then. Like during the ending, there were a lot of backround characters that only really appeared then (as well as baby King of Sorrow, which to this day I cannot comprehend why).

I'm just sayin', that second NPC has a really big feel to what an average a La-lakooshan would look like, compared to Lolo, like how a Breezegalian would look compared to Klonoa.

Also, I don't know what's up with that first NPC, but I do think he showed up in the credits...maybe.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 01:12:20 am »
Ok I checked and yeah, they appear in the credits. Although I think the girl has blonde hair and the boy has a blue shirt instead? But literally everything else about them is the same.
There's also at least one other girl in the credits with the same outfit, but different colors. Maybe these two were like templates?

I'd say they're either: random designs or template designs for background La-Lakooshans, or maybe beta designs that the developers were fond of and decided to give little cameos to. The two are not mutually exclusive, of course.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 01:36:57 am »
Ok I checked and yeah, they appear in the credits. Although I think the girl has blonde hair and the boy has a blue shirt instead? But literally everything else about them is the same.
There's also at least one other girl in the credits with the same outfit, but different colors. Maybe these two were like templates?

I'd say they're either: random designs or template designs for background La-Lakooshans, or maybe beta designs that the developers were fond of and decided to give little cameos to. The two are not mutually exclusive, of course.

Ah, credits, the one place I didn't check. Nice sleuthing Dr. MonsterMethod

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 01:40:17 am »
Ah, credits, the one place I didn't check. Nice sleuthing Dr. MonsterMethod
I knew getting my doctorate in Vibeo Game would pay off someday.