It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Lunatea's Veil is a cool game!  (Read 720 times)

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: Lunatea's Veil is a cool game!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 02:13:20 pm »
This game dosen't run on emulator (properly) , unless you follow the guide wich lead me to this place (there are other guides, but this one works for sure).

The game has major graphic issues if you emulate this game, esspecially in Joilant and Volk.
And the red fire is blue and the blue fire is red  :bad_straight_face:

Link to Voka~Daemyn's guide: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2088.0

If you're intrested, playing this on an emulator
So basically, it has major problems. Gotcha
Also that guide, yeah I'm sticking to playing it on a real Ps2 (which is much better) cause that seems like a bit too much work for me to deal with :embarassed:
PCSX2 v1.7 already runs the game just fine  :hey: , a custom emulator isn't needed anymore, specially since it is no better at, well anything really than the original old custom emulator, which was for the longest time, the only way to play this game outside of a PS2 (or PS3).
The version I have of PCSX2 is 1.6.0 so I'm not sure if it'd work on that version or not
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 02:29:48 pm »
As i said, it does not work on any version before 1.7 of PCSX2.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 09:46:46 pm »
Played some more today.

Anyways so I went to the Momett's place for a tiny bit (which I still have no idea who he is, I just know he collects dolls and that's it)

And then had a conversation

And traveled to Volk City! Had to play it two times because I forgot a doll. I got 150 dream stones that time though so  :big_smile:
I love how there's a Moo sleeping in the picture like as if nothing bad is going on

There was the Underground factory which uhm, this factory isn't safe at all! Seems more like a deadly factory to me.

Oh yeah, 'shocker' alert: Tat was there! (Oh and btw, what are y'alls thoughts on Tat as a character? ;) )
And I had to go back to the Volk Hall, and there was a robot I had to destroy

Klonoa here looks like he's about to commit a crime.

I nearly almost died two times fighting this robot. The robot can be a lil tricky to fight. (And easy when you know what you're doing. Maybe)

And now Leorina is trying to destroy everything? Ruh-roh. That isn't very Wahoo.  :angry:

And yeah, that's about it for now! This game is getting better the more it goes on. Can't wait to reach the level that has Stepping Wind in it! And I cannot wait to see what happens next!
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 10:49:40 pm »
A lot of places in Lunatea's Veil makes me ask, how did people even build this? How could they even traverse through this without dying and falling or something, like, Joiliant, it has SHARKS...  x_x It doesn't feel like a park that is even possible to get through an attraction, like, it was only for Klonoa.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 12:37:14 am »
A lot of places in Lunatea's Veil makes me ask, how did people even build this? How could they even traverse through this without dying and falling or something, like, Joiliant, it has SHARKS...  x_x It doesn't feel like a park that is even possible to get through an attraction, like, it was only for Klonoa.
Who approved of these amusement parks? Who thought any of it was safe?  :unsure:

Wahoo!

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
I finished Lunatea's Veil!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2024, 01:19:10 am »
Well. So, I just finished Lunatea's Veil! And it was great!  ;)

And I'm sure I've played it today from 8, and then finished it at 11 pm. And before that, I left off at the one with Stepping Wind on it.
So, I think I spent a good 3 hours playing, and finishing this game  :embarassed:

I also eventually started feeling a bit tired, though I knew I was close to finishing it, so I just continued playing it regardless if my eyes were feeling tired or not.

I did make sure to collect all 6 dolls in each level

This level "Maze of Memories" can be really confusing if you have no clue what you're doing. I didn't struggle that much however, probably because I completed the Steam version back in January so I think I kind of knew what to do. Okay well, some parts I was still confused with for a moment, until I remembered what to actually do. Definitely a difficult level.

I didn't take much pictures of the levels this time around.

Also in the Ark revisited, I decided to plug a second controller in, and for pretty much the rest of the game, I had Popka to help out. It was actually pretty helpful

And Leorina got sad

Oh boy, the Kingdom of Sorrow level. This is the one with "Hyuponia / Run Of Sadness" in it. It was depressing to listen to. I kind of struggled here as well, and I died plenty of times, especially when I was trying to get the last 6th doll. The depressing music did not help with that.

And yeah. I'm not sure if I should share photos of the ending or not, since I don't want to spoil anything.

Yep. I completed the story! Now I should probably try spending efforts to do what i did in the Steam version, and get to 99 lives. Why though? No clue. Absolutely nothing happens when you reach 99 lives.

Funnily enough, I didn't get a single continue this time around, unlike the Steam version, where I had over 5 continues. Huh. Of course, I think some of it is that I possibly already knew how to play the game, and that the controls felt better than the Steam version, oddly enough.

Overall this was a great game! I would recommend playing this game. Especially on an actual Ps2. It was such an fun experience playing it!

Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024, 08:36:48 pm »
Good job! I hope the game in its original iteration left you very satisfied, because this is where the series officially ends  x_x

Maze of Memories is indeed one of the most elaborate levels in the series, that if we don't count the GBA games at least. There's a lot of good ideas regarding the gimmicks in that level, like the gravity switch! It further complements the idea that levels in Klonoa add another dimension to the gameplay.

I could almost say the same about the Kingdom of Sorrow, except the obstacles in that vision are quite a bit tight for a harder challenge. But the atmosphere and music makes up for it! A friend of mine still finds the song you hear in the level his favorite alongside the famous Stepping Wind! But still, this is a fine vision for what it is trying to accomplish storytelling wise.

You could try getting 99 lives, but that pales in comparison to getting all 150 Dream Stones in all of the visions within either version of the game. You'll see why when you try...but unlike getting 99 lives, this objective grants you scrapbook photos. Good luck  :sick:
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2024, 04:31:14 pm »
Good job! I hope the game in its original iteration left you very satisfied, because this is where the series officially ends  x_x

Yep. It indeed has left me satisfied. Much more satisfied than the Steam version  ;)

Maze of Memories is indeed one of the most elaborate levels in the series, that if we don't count the GBA games at least. There's a lot of good ideas regarding the gimmicks in that level, like the gravity switch! It further complements the idea that levels in Klonoa add another dimension to the gameplay.

Yeah, the level design is pretty cool
It's easy if you've played the level enough to know what you're supposed to do in it
Though when I first played through this level on the Steam version, I was very, very confused on what I was supposed to do.
I've played it enough to where it's pretty easy for me to play though so
And those switches. For a moment, you're on the ground, and then other moments, you're upside down. Pretty cool!

I could almost say the same about the Kingdom of Sorrow, except the obstacles in that vision are quite a bit tight for a harder challenge. But the atmosphere and music makes up for it! A friend of mine still finds the song you hear in the level his favorite alongside the famous Stepping Wind! But still, this is a fine vision for what it is trying to accomplish storytelling wise.

That level is a little challenging. 
Yes, "Hyuponia / Ruin of Sadness" is one of the best tracks from the game. And so is Stepping Wind!

You could try getting 99 lives, but that pales in comparison to getting all 150 Dream Stones in all of the visions within either version of the game. You'll see why when you try...but unlike getting 99 lives, this objective grants you scrapbook photos. Good luck  :sick:

I remember playing plenty of Klonoa 2 on the Steam version just to get to 99 lives, and when I did get 99 lives, well... Nothing happened. It was a lil disappointing, though at least I have plenty of lives so.

I'm doing this same exact thing on the Ps2, for... I have no idea

And for the dream stones, so far I actually have 6 levels I've gotten over 150 dream stones on, in terms of the og Ps2 version. So far those are:

Sea of Tears (153)
La-Lakoosha
Joilant Fun Park
Volk City
Ishras Ark
Maze of Memories

Am I gonna get 150 in all levels? Probably not. Not unless if I start getting really good at some of the more difficult levels
Some levels are really difficult to get 150 dream stones on. I could try getting it in every level, though it possibly wouldn't be very easy to do. Well, not unless if I play it more and get really good at them.
Mountains of Mira Mira may not be too hard to get all dream stones in, maybe.
There's also the Underground Factory and the one where you get chased by a giant robot that I know for sure will be difficult to get all dream stones on.
Of course I've been using the Popka support jump, which may, or may not be 'cheating'  :embarassed:

So, this won't be a easy task to do
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 05:33:03 pm by kittenwatermemes »

Wahoo!

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 10:32:23 pm »
I managed to achieve true 100% in the original game, but the 2nd, despite me liking that way more, seemed to much for me to do..

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:36:02 pm »
I managed to achieve true 100% in the original game, but the 2nd, despite me liking that way more, seemed to much for me to do..

Yeah. Some levels are easy to get all dream stones in, and then there's the Air Boarding levels and some difficult levels (Like Underground Factory, and that Chamber o' horrors one) that are not easy to get all dream stones in. 
So me achieving an 100% in it is probably very unlikely.
Am I gonna care about it though? Nope.
I think what's most important is if I'm having fun. 
As long as I'm having fun playing this game, then that's all what truly matters!  ;)

Wahoo!