Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Is my Dreamcast broken or something?  (Read 1248 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Is my Dreamcast broken or something?
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:03:19 am »
Playing Toy Story 2 on the Dreamcast. I'm wishing I had bought Space Channel 5 instead...

Right from the bat, something is wrong. When using the control stick, Buzz refused to walk in a straight line. At first, I thought something was wrong with my controller, but some replies and research says that no, this is not an isolated incident. It's a problem with the game itself.

Fortunately, the D-Pad is more precise, but it's uncomfortable. You can adapt to it, though, which I did.

However, in the Alley level, I'm bumping into glitches. First, Buzz refused to move at all. I paused the game, not a problem with the controller, so I quit the level as started again. Then, the music started glitching up, and the game froze up.

Is this a problem with the Dreamcast? Or can this one be pinned on the game?

I'm hearing the PS1 release has no such issues.

It's the only Dreamcast game I have, so I'm trying to make the best of it, but yeesh...I hope my Dreamcast isn't broken. There's some game I want to play, especially Puyo Puyo~n.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:07:48 am by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Is my Dreamcast broken or something?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:07:23 am »
Considering that game is known to have glitches already. I'm pretty sure it is not the dreamcast.
You can try to keep the dreamcast in an open area so it stays cool in case it was over heating.
I've only used a dreamcast once or twice :\ so I don't know much on it.

I used to have an old fat ps2 that would overheat though after about 8 hours non stop use and it would make the music in one game flip out and lose instruments somehow.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: Is my Dreamcast broken or something?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:33:40 pm »
According to this guy, he's only having the issue on one of his Dreamcasts and it's probably from a faulty batch, meaning it really might be your DreamCast. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TegkdP2o4
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.