No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Official Klonoa Manga Colorization collab  (Read 7517 times)

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
Official Klonoa Manga Colorization collab
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:16:47 am »
Hey guys, as you guys may know from the title I am holding a collaboration project for fellow Klonoa fans among us. You see the goal I originally intended to work out is to colorize the pages from the manga series. Why, you may ask?...... I mainly like to color stuff....  :| But I sorta had some trouble with coloring the Manga myself (doing a bunch of pages, coloring individual characters, coloring grass mainly.....)..... Though, if you want to join the collab at least let me know you are in so I can give credit where credits due.
Also there is no due date (trust me I am in no rush whatsoever so take you time) though I would like to see a completed page done soon though. Thats all I am asking. Each page number I will credit who did page number on the Manga. If you have anymore questions please PM me and I will answer as soon as I can. and to all who joined.... Thank you and I wish you guys good luck.

UPDATE 12/4/14:
Here is a preview of one of the pages I am doing. ;)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

UPDATE 12/5/14
Ok maybe I might have left out a few things I will send out 5 or more (depends on the participant's decision) chosen pages to each participant. If a Participant has finished coloring the amount of pages given to them and wants to keep going I will send out more pages to that participant. Again this is on the participants choice
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:38:57 pm by Megahog2014 »
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Official Klonoa Manga Colorization collab
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:39:46 am »
It's an admirable goal.

However,  I think you'd benefit better if you could find better scans of the manga. If you noticed a lot of them have the pages bent from the spine of the magazine. Unless you get can a physical copy of it, it'll be pretty difficult to find a decent copy.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:10:35 am »
It's an admirable goal.

However,  I think you'd benefit better if you could find better scans of the manga. If you noticed a lot of them have the pages bent from the spine of the magazine. Unless you get can a physical copy of it, it'll be pretty difficult to find a decent copy.
+1 to this. We need to find physical copies of the manga which is good/great condution. Current scans look bad.  :(

Another idea. Let's color Shiftylook comic. As I remember, page 45-55 is black-white.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:15:35 am »
It's an admirable goal.

+1 to this. We need to find physical copies of the manga which is good/great condution. Current scans look bad.  :(

Another idea. Let's color Shiftylook comic. As I remember, page 45-55 is black-white.
That's because it's supposed to be in black and white. It's a shout out to Moonlight Museum.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 12:08:13 am »
Ok getting back to topic.... I was planning to color in the current pages mainly because I don't have the manga or a scanner on me so I will do what I can with coloring the pages plus I can't translate nothin so..... pretty much gonna have to deal with it
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:12:31 am by Megahog2014 »
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 12:17:18 pm »
That's because it's supposed to be in black and white. It's a shout out to Moonlight Museum.

I never thought about that. I just thought it was black and white because they were in a nightmare, and it was supposed to look bleak.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 03:22:34 pm »

I never thought about that. I just thought it was black and white because they were in a nightmare, and it was supposed to look bleak.

I was thinking that too, actually...maybe it's supposed to be both?

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 09:32:41 am »
Just updated the topic with a preview check it out

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 04:12:35 pm »
Just updated the topic with a preview check it out

I suggest you to use transparent colors to color it, else you'll lose all the shadowing and typical things of a manga. If you give me a page (any) I'll try coloring it, it doesn't take me much time to color things usually.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 04:44:21 pm »
I actually started on the very first page (Yeah I was really serious on this kinda of thing) Also I got the manga from here http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php/topic,185.0.html