It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The Moon...is it Phantomilian, or Lunatean?  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
The Moon...is it Phantomilian, or Lunatean?
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:43:51 pm »
Okay, so before I begin, I might as well explain...the Moon I'm referring to is (Oh, Klonoa Heroes spoilers, everybody...though I have a feeling most here have heard of the game to death by now)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now, Klonoa heroes had locations from both Phantomile and Lunatea, but the Moon from that game is different from any on either of the first two Klonoa games. It's not the Moon KINGDOM, and...well, you never really explore anything Moon-related in Lunatea...despite the, erm, "Luna" suffix. But then again, the Moon Kingdom is never literally stated to be the Moon, either, so it could fall under both categories. Now, what I ask is...if the Moon in that instance only belongs to a game that has both regions, then...which region gets ownership? Both? Neither? Is starting a debate about the Moon and ownership of it even logical, in any sense of the word? You decide!

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: The Moon...is it Phantomilian, or Lunatean?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:02:24 pm »
My memories of Klonoa 2 Moon is a beautiful red moon :F... and  I've not seen a sun or a moon in DtP except for the level clear screen.

Maybe this moon is multidimensional? -Ohh I love addin to that chaos of that-

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:56:45 pm »
i say since that *cough*  nasty *cough* Phantomile gets the Moon Kingdom, then Lunatea should get the moon
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:25:38 pm by BinaryPulsar »

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:07:51 pm »
Falls to the Lunatea,
because "luna".

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »
In Klonoa Heroes, Lunatea appears to have its own Moon Kingdom, which may just be called such, but in Phantomile they have a moon kingdom specifically named Cress. Also, Phantomile appears to have two moons, thus this symbol:

Since it's been in two games (empire of dreams) I assume this is fairly relevant

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:06:01 pm »
In Klonoa Heroes, Lunatea appears to have its own Moon Kingdom, which may just be called such, but in Phantomile they have a moon kingdom specifically named Cress. Also, Phantomile appears to have two moons, thus this symbol:

(Image removed from quote.)

Since it's been in two games (empire of dreams) I assume this is fairly relevant

Wait, wait, wait. I just realized something.

Could it be that the Moon Kingdom is in Empire of Dreams, as well? Except it's actually an alternate-dimension Moon Kingdom, with it's own Moon people and it's own Hewpoe? It could be the Hewpoe in Empire of Dreams is the Moon Prince of THAT Moon Kingdom, but it's just neve brought up in-game. And the reason said Hewpoe doesn't bring up the events of Phantomile (unlike the Hewpoe from the Shiftylook Comics) is because the Empire of Dreams Hewpoe is from the Empire of Dreams Moon Kingdom, where the events of Phantomile never happened, and thus said Hewpoe would never have met Klonoa before!

...Doesn't explain why Klonoa doesn't mention remembering Hewpoe, though. Maybe it's that thing where people have amnesia of traumatic events, or something? I forgot the exact name of the diagnosis, though...

Also, I realize this could all be counted as slightly off-topic, but it just sorta...came to me. It has to be said! The truth must be seen!

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 11:43:27 pm »
I made a video (with very bad sound quality, unfortunately... I might record if I have the time) already outlining that I think that Phantomile is the Dream parallel to Lunatea (which is like the waking world, and then Phantomile is  the dreamworld, almost like real world vs fantasy, but in a certain fictional dimension where fantasy is an actual physical place) and since the Empire of Dreams shares the same "twin moon" symbol, it's probably located somewhere in Phantomile and just wasn't featured in the first game (as Breezegale, Jugkettle, and the Moon Kingdom weren't introduced in Lunatea's Veil, but are still a part of Lunatea)

Just saying because, I personally think that is the reason why Huepow is in both DtP and EoD, they just take place in a parallel in which he exists... I like to think that mostly because I want to believe that it's possible for him and Klonoa to be able to meet again in some instances, since it's possible for Klonoa to go to Lunatea in multiple instances, it should be possible for him to go back to Phantomile in multiple instances. He's the Dream Traveler after all, let him travel  :sad face:

That being said

I think that the twin moons are unique to Phantomile/EoD but perhaps Lunatea has two moons, we just haven't been provided any evidence of it, yet...

I hope this isn't being too off topic, I was only going off the rail a bit to try to play off of what Sable is saying about different versions of things and such...

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 01:12:17 am »

(Image removed from quote.)

what is what we thought of the symbol was wrong the whole time... and it's really the sun and the moon, instead of 2 moons?  :O