There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: improving shoutbox  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
improving shoutbox
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:53:44 am »
i am making this mainly because i do have the tendency of spamming on shout box not on purpose. but, i think we need to add somethings to shout box.

1. add the ability to make new lines of text with Shift+Enter
2. add an edit button to the shout box
3. add a delete button to the shout box
4. allow us to edit what appears in our shout box

2 and 3 should only allow you to do them to your own posts unless you are and admin.

if these were available i would take the spam i did be accident put it all in one post and delete the rest. and the shift+enter thing i have always use i am use to it entering in a new line and not posting the current line.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:57:25 am by Juno »
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: improving shoutbox
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:51:44 pm »
If you want to put long text with multiple lines, maybe this is not the place for the shoutbox. Open a new topic or just use PM instead.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 01:12:34 pm »
If you want to put long text with multiple lines, maybe this is not the place for the shoutbox. Open a new topic or just use PM instead.
also considering that shoutbox is supposed to be a simple way to do instant messaging, so what it is, it does just fine.but I agree with rupu, shoutbox texts are supposed to be short and sweet.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:20:29 pm »
ok, can i ask what do u think about letting us delete our own messages just incase you posted something you should not of or posted something you dont feel comfrotable with anymore?

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:43 pm »
I'm not a mod anymore but my thoughts on it are: you should be thinking about what you post before you post it anyway, and know better than to post things you shouldn't. If something is said that's bad enough that needs to be deleted, the mods are the only ones who can delete it, which guarantees they see it before the poster gets rid of it.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 12:41:41 pm »
ok, can i ask what do u think about letting us delete our own messages just incase you posted something you should not of or posted something you dont feel comfrotable with anymore?
As far as that, shoutbox doesn't have an implementation to have regular users delete their text, only mods can do it. I'm not sure if it can be done tbh, maybe Rupu can look into it.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »
I need to calm down in shoutbox so i came up with a self moderating tip and i want feedback on this, 3 or less in a row or its spam. How does that sound? Becuase people do forget to say somethings or need to fix a typo.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 09:05:20 pm »
This isn't really a "tip", avoiding spam should be a matter of common sense.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 12:00:03 pm »
If you try to think ahead before you type stuff and group it together into longer sentences then it should help keep from the urge to sending a lotta messages in fragments.

As for self moderation a method I use is to try to think of what I am saying from outside of my self usually as neutral as I can be in perspective as well as try to think from other people's point of view. It's not perfect but it might help some.

Pretty much I go " would I wanna listen to me talking like this or that" but usually that is for my own separate problem trying to keep me away from people when I know i'm in a bitter state of mind or similar and not as much for spam. But if falls under a sort of self moderation.