All of our moderators have cybernetic implants. They watch over you as you sleep.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The problem with Klonoa Encore  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Drisaac

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: The problem with Klonoa Encore
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 05:19:18 pm »
Even with their anime licensed games, Bandai Namco's marketing leaves a lot to be desired. And it's a shame, becuase if Bandai Namco really wants to sell a game, they can do it without any problems, and that's the thing Klonoa would need the most.

I do hope that when it comes out it actually sells. The fans really want a new Klonoa game AND there might be curious people about this franchise they can fall in love with. But launching a new game and hoping it replicates the surprise success of the original is not the solution, but a gamble.

My memory is not that great, but I remember being very optimistic about Klonoa Encore being a reality. I still feel optimistic, but I think this release could wait until 2021, hoping that this year can be one that makes this franchise more well-known and liked. Considering we don't know how many sales Klonoa Encore should make to guarantee we will get another game or product or if this is only a one-off, we can only hope for the best when the moment arrives.

Yeah, there are MANY reasons as to why i hope Klonoa Encore does not come out in 2020.

First, because we are still in the middle of a pandemic, said pandemic has been messing A LOT with the gaming industry, there has been a lot of cancellations and delays, maybe klonoa encore was a victim of it too, but i don't think i need to explain why releasing a game of a niche franchise in this time period is a bad idea.

Second, Klonoa Encore releasing in 2021 could definitely play in our favor, since we can still do a lot to build hype around this franchise, in order to ensure that when the moment comes, there will be enough people willing to buy the game.

What i'm trying to say is, we should do everything we can to expose klonoa to the public in the (small) time we are given, before klonoa encore happens.

Making a franchise famous shouldn't be our responsibility i know, but we still want to do it regardless because we care about klonoa.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
Re: The problem with Klonoa Encore
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 09:17:08 pm »
I think the only part we have in this is spreading the love and sharing Klonoa with everyone we can.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"