Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa on TCRF  (Read 948 times)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Klonoa on TCRF
« on: April 16, 2020, 07:08:26 pm »
https://tcrf.net/Category:Klonoa_series

There's four Klonoa games on The Cutting Room Floor so far. Only Door to Phantomile has a fair amount of content so far, mainly regarding the hidden debug features.

I don't know the particulars of wiki editing or the rules regarding TCRF but I feel we should work together and have somebody knowledgeable in wiki editing give these Klonoa pages a bit more content. (And give pages to the remaining Klonoa games while we're at it.)

Sorry this is a big link spam and everything is from Klonoa @ Blog, but I do have these audio files on my computer and the way I grabbed them is through various tools like PSound and JPSXDEC for Klonoa 1 and 2 and Brawlbox for the Wii game. A lot of this stuff was from older threads on this very forum, like I totally didn't find those unused/early music tracks from Klonoa 2 on my own, somebody did long ago.

Since the Klonoa sprites for DTP got ripped, there were a couple unused/interesting sprites found in there. But I think once the entirety of the game's sprites are someday ripped, we can see what else went unused too:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

There's some things in Klonoa 2, mostly regarding voices/music:

I know the Wii game has some hidden/unused stuff we should get cataloged:

TCRF doesn't just list unused/beta stuff either, it also lists localisation differences too. Like how some songs in the PAL version of Klonoa 1 and 2 had to be slowed down to be properly timed with certain scenes:

The other Klonoa games might have some stuff I am totally not aware too. Maybe make mention of the whole "terragen" world map text in Empire of Dreams?

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpĂ©'r'd 't n)
Re: Klonoa on TCRF
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 08:04:01 pm »
I remember finding a few maybe-unused graphics in Moonlight Museum, but since I don't know how TCRF wants their articles formatted I left it in the talk section (https://tcrf.net/Talk:Kaze_no_Klonoa:_Moonlight_Museum). There was also a voice clip I found of Klonoa saying Wahoo but sad that I don't think was used.