Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Speculation about Klonoa Encore  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Drisaac

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Speculation about Klonoa Encore
« on: April 16, 2020, 01:05:13 pm »
Hi forum ! In this thread i have decided to recollect all my thoughts about the future title of Klonoa and eventually try to make some order on what to expect for Klonoa's future

Let's start off with the first point.

1. Is Klonoa Encore going to happen ?

The first topic i want to talk about is also the most important one too: is Klonoa encore going to become a reality ?

As of right now, information about Klonoa Encore is pretty scarce, the only piece of official news we have so far was the trademark registered back in September of last year, aside from that, nothing much has happened news-wise.

The only semi-pieces of information and hints we could gather were related to mr. driller, who was also registered on that same day of September of Klonoa encore too.

In those recent months most fans have given Mr. Driller a huge importance since the pattern that it's going through could also be the same one in which Klonoa will follow soon after.

It got an encore trademark, then a new one in Europe, then the game was revealed, this is enough evidence to assume that Klonoa will follow the same pattern...IF it happens that is.

Because unfortunately, i hate having to admit this, but as of right now there's still no current proof that Klonoa encore will indeed happen, we can try to speculate as much as we want about trademarks patterns but that won't change the fact that the Klonoa encore trademark still remains the one and only piece of official news we have so far

Klonoa encore currently founds itself in that awkward position in which the chances of happening are 1% and 99% both at the same time, and only Bandai Namco can determine what the outcome will be, but that isn't to say that we, as a community, cannot help Klonoa.

2. A helping hand

In recent times the Klonoa community has been quite active, we have all come together to show support for Klonoa and do everything in our grasp to help him, I'll pinpoint some of the most important ones

Shortly after the announcement that the Klonoa movie was cancelled, a twitter user known as Broski started the famous #SaveKlonoa campaign, this campaign was so successful that even the community manager RashedNambro acknowledged our request for a return of Klonoa.

Another important contributor and ambassador of the Klonoa community is obviously @mushroom32x that thanks to his blog Klonoa @ Blog has collected an astounding amount of pieces of media related to Klonoa.

Not only that, but it is also thanks to him that we discovered the Mojipittan Encore survey listed on the Bandai Namco's official website that could potentially be the turning point for the return of Klonoa, it's only thanks to him that said survey was discovered in the first place, huge props to him.

And last, but not least, twitter user Jeyrolami has made a fan continuation of the previously discontinued Klonoa Dream Traveler of Noctis Sol webcomic.

No matter the circumstances, we as a community all came together to help Klonoa in his darkest times, and judging by the current situation, it seems as if we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

3. When Klonoa Encore will happen ?

If we take for granted that Klonoa Encore will happen, then the only question we have to ask ourselves is the when.

Many people are speculating that Klonoa encore will NOT appear in the Nintendo direct of June, the reason for this would be that because Bandai Namco wants to give mr.driller more time to breath between releases and thus, we aren't going to hear anything Klonoa related until June after Mr.driller comes and goes, since both games belong to the same target audience. Which in return means that Klonoa could be scheduled for reveal in Q4 2020 and for release in Q1 2021.

I guess that the only way to be 100% sure of it is to just wait for June and find out ourselves, but i don't exclude the possibility of new trademarks appearing while we wait for it.

4. Putting the money where our mouth is

Klonoa is a franchise who is also known for its misfortune, the games, despite being incredibly good, have failed to captivate an audience big enough to make a worthy profit for the series, which is one of the reasons why Klonoa ended: lack of sales.

Now I'm not here to discuss who is at fault of this and how it could have been avoided (we all know the culprit, right Bandai Namco ?) but instead i'm here to say how we can avoid said failure to happen again.

When it comes to Klonoa Encore the situation is quite simple: if it is successful, we will probably get more releases afterwards, if it isn't, Klonoa will return to his state of death, but this time, it could be forever.

The only thing we can hope for now is that Bandai Namco has perhaps learned from it's mistakes and has realized that Klonoa NEEDS advertising in order to succeed, this is Klonoa we are talking about after all, they cannot expect to it to release it without an advertising campaign and expect it to succeed, Klonoa simply doesn't have the same power of Tekken, nor tales of heroes, to accomplish such a task.

But even if Bandai Namco should mess this new release as well, we'll have to take the matter in our hands (again...) and give Klonoa the attention he needs.

There are have been already some positive hints about the financial success of Klonoa Encore, for example Mojipittan Encore reached #21 on Amazon Japan's top selling Switch games with the likes of Mario Maker 2., and Mr Driller also seems on a good path.

And i would, without a doubt, put my money on the table and say that Klonoa's return, especially in the motherland of Japan is definitely going to be a well received one.

5. In Conclusion

The battle to bring Klonoa back is (almost, hopefully) over, but the battle to make him stay in the world of the living is about to start, and it's going to a bigger, longer battle to fight, for our fluffy boy.

That was all of my speculation on the Klonoa Encore title, do you have anything else you would like to share ?

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
Re: Speculation about Klonoa Encore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 01:10:00 am »
As a matter of fact, I do have some stuff to share! Although, most of this information has already been shared elsewhere, including these forums. I believe this tremendously increases the odds of this elusive Encore becoming a reality, though admittedly not guaranteeing it.

Mojipittan Encore. This game, of all things, probably has the strongest evidence that Klonoa has not been forgotten, far from it in fact. Published by Bandai Namco, this game has a strong focus around words. While, embarrassingly, I don't exactly know how these words are implemented in the game other than putting them in a number of boxes (probably like crosswords, I dunno...), I do know thanks to @mushroom32x 's Klonoa @ Blog that the game contains... *clears throat*.. OVER. 70. KLONOA. TERMS. From "Breezegale" to "Leptio" to “Wanyuwanirupu~u“, this game contains names of characters, locations, objects, and oddly specific Phantomilian phrases that only the Klonoa fans most familiar with the series would remember! Don't even get me started on the Moo-infested stage completely dedicated to Klonoa!~

I'll update this post soon, discussing a Twitter post from a Bandai Namco employee asking an intriguing question...

Offline Drisaac

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 09:15:52 am »
As a matter of fact, I do have some stuff to share! Although, most of this information has already been shared elsewhere, including these forums. I believe this tremendously increases the odds of this elusive Encore becoming a reality, though admittedly not guaranteeing it.

Mojipittan Encore. This game, of all things, probably has the strongest evidence that Klonoa has not been forgotten, far from it in fact. Published by Bandai Namco, this game has a strong focus around words. While, embarrassingly, I don't exactly know how these words are implemented in the game other than putting them in a number of boxes (probably like crosswords, I dunno...), I do know thanks to @mushroom32x 's Klonoa @ Blog that the game contains... *clears throat*.. OVER. 70. KLONOA. TERMS. From "Breezegale" to "Leptio" to “Wanyuwanirupu~u“, this game contains names of characters, locations, objects, and oddly specific Phantomilian phrases that only the Klonoa fans most familiar with the series would remember! Don't even get me started on the Moo-infested stage completely dedicated to Klonoa!~

I'll update this post soon, discussing a Twitter post from a Bandai Namco employee asking an intriguing question...

70 words ? Woah, i wasn't expecting that many to begin with, if they decided to go that deep it cannot be without a reason, so definitely seems like another hint of something yet to come...

Also, I'll be waiting for your update on this post, what did the Bandai Namco employee said  :unsure: ?

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 03:08:47 pm »
70 words ? Woah, i wasn't expecting that many to begin with, if they decided to go that deep it cannot be without a reason, so definitely seems like another hint of something yet to come...

Also, I'll be waiting for your update on this post, what did the Bandai Namco employee said  :unsure: ?

I'm not surprised Namco would do that.
After all, while he wasn't very big in the US or Europe, Klonoa was massive for a short tenure in Japan.

Either way I would love to see a new Klonoa game. It may be the sole thing that would make me buy a game console.

A few people here (and on Discord) have said they want it to be exclusive to the PS4 given the original PS1 and PS2 are Klonoa's home hardware.

While I do love the idea, I think a new Klonoa game would best benefit from being released on any and all platforms available to it. PS4/PS5, XBox One/XBox SX, Nintendo Switch, PC, nVidia Shield TV, and any others consoles or gaming platforms I haven't mentioned. I don't think it should come out on phones though. I feel like that wouldn't be good.

I grew up with many different platforming games. Mario, Mega Man, Kirby, Sonic.
But it was Klonoa that has perhaps stuck with me the most.
I like the others I listed above, but... Klonoa?
I love the series so much I went out of my way to obtain hard copies of all 8 games so I could play them on actual hardware.

The point is, the Klonoa series has left a very influential and indelible mark on my childhood and it would absolutely warm my heart to see Namco give him a return some day.

I participated in that survey. No idea if it will help but I did it anyways.

Also it's not lost on me that a Klonoa 2 remake (if the first one is remade again and proves successful) would be a tough challenge to take on; considering (as most, if not all, of you know by now) that the voice actress behind Lolo passed away a few years ago. So finding a good replacement for her Japanese/Phantomillian voice will not be the easiest task.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 05:38:00 pm »

If you mean a tweet where it was asked which version of DTP fans preferred, I asked the guy and he said he did it for fun.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 05:17:31 pm »
If you mean a tweet where it was asked which version of DTP fans preferred, I asked the guy and he said he did it for fun.
I guess it was mostly speculation that his question might actually have been related to Encore. He was asking why people preferred either the original or remake, which made me think that there’s a possibility he was seeking to know what people would want to see the most if they made another remake of Klonoa, if they wanted it to be closer to the original or remake, and what aspects of it were liked more. He also tweeted that the demand for new Klonoa games is being heard by Bandai Namco.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 07:11:04 pm »
While I do like the remake, I would prefer the Encore version stay faithful to the original in as many ways as is reasonable and feasible.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"