Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What the Klonoa games mean to you?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Warp

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Blasting music 24/7
What the Klonoa games mean to you?
« on: February 26, 2020, 01:31:19 pm »
Klonoa:DtP and Klonoa2:LV are the only Klonoa games I played but they have brought many happy moments in my life. But this is not about me.

I would like to know, what the Klonoa games mean to you? What impact did they have on you?

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
Re: What the Klonoa games mean to you?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:22:43 pm »
Klonoa Heroes is my personal fav JRPG and is my most viewed lets play on my channel. other then meaning alot for me in terms of my youtube, the klonoa series is the first series i seriously considered collecting the full series.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:25:48 pm by Derpy Hooves »
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 03:46:19 am »
Well, quite a bit, tbh. It was one of the first games that I played that at the time I didn't care if it was "too cute" I loved the characters and the interactions between them. They clearly mean a lot for me to run a Klonoa forum after all this time XD. And then even beyond the games, the community also drove something better for me. I met some of my best friends from just the love of this game.

Offline Warp

• Heart Moo
  • Blasting music 24/7
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:33:49 pm »
Klonoa Heroes is my personal fav JRPG and is my most viewed lets play on my channel. other then meaning alot for me in terms of my youtube, the klonoa series is the first series i seriously considered collecting the full series.
Well, quite a bit, tbh. It was one of the first games that I played that at the time I didn't care if it was "too cute" I loved the characters and the interactions between them. They clearly mean a lot for me to run a Klonoa forum after all this time XD. And then even beyond the games, the community also drove something better for me. I met some of my best friends from just the love of this game.

Thanks for the answers  :)

I find really fascinating the impact that something can have on a person, especially when it is a positive kind of impact. And I find fascinating when people create communities/forums around that thing too, how people create connections thanks to the liking/love of that thing, or create Youtube channels where they make videos for the other people to see or just create something in general.

Also sorry for the late answer  x_x

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 09:00:11 am »
No worries. :D

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 11:25:29 am »
I've thought about this question for a little while. I guess PS1 Klonoa DtP was the reason I stopped heavily ignoring games with cute facades. Not to say DtP was immensely cute but I had been playing Unreal Tournament and other aggressive games since forever that in order to give DtP a chance I had to jump across my game preference spectrum.

DtP essentially was the tipping point that broke down barriers and my immediate apprehension to playing certain games. Before DtP I really only ever dedicated a my gaming to fast paced games; DtP showed me things can slow down a lot and still be enjoyable. DtP on the PS1 also demonstrated that cute wasn't life threatening.

Subsequently the Klonoa series is probably why I gave MLP:FiM more of a chance when my bro recommended it shortly after launch. And I would have never given New Super Lucky's Tale a chance without having jumped my preference spectrum beforehand.

I still wince when the cute meter is high but I survive.  :hey:

Offline 5nesta

• Lord Blues
  • Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • Hope rides alone.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »
The same as most other games tbh
Hope rides alone!