No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What got you into Klonoa in the first place  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Elininjakat

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • your local nonbinary dumbass who draws stuff!
Re: What got you into Klonoa in the first place
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 08:59:30 am »
it's a bit hard to pinpoint when exactly i got into the klonoa series to be honest... i remember i used to see klonoa around here and there throughout the years but didn't think much of it. most prominently i remember seeing him on this old (now defunct) roblox roleplay game from when i played roblox frequently from 2016 to 2018, where you could pick him as a character. nobody ever played as him but i thought he was cute

relating to this, in late 2017 (for my birthday) i got a drawing app on my nintendo 2ds called colors 3d! it's honestly pretty robust for somethin on the ds, and i've made a lot of my best art on it! :hey:
either way though, it had tags and such you could search for stuff for, and i remember in mid 2019 i was looking at an artist's gallery and saw they had klonoa stuff, i thought it was cute so i looked through the klonoa tag, enjoyed all the characters i was seeing, and then thus looked up a playthrough of door to phantomile

ever since then ive been a klonoa fan! i picked up lunatea's veil on my birthday in 2019 via an ebay bidding, and i played the hell out of it lmao
i've been kind of out of major interest for the series for a year since then, but i still love it passively and try to keep an eye on news relating to the game :unsure:

so yea! that's how i found klonoa

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 10:01:21 am »
What got me into Klonoa was finding the Klonoa 2 demo that came with my PS2. I absolutely loved it, so my dad tracked down a copy of the full game for me, and the rest was history! :)

Offline A Mira-Miran

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 01:57:36 pm »
I first played the original game around the time it initially came out.

Didn’t play 2 until about 2016 though.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024, 04:15:24 pm »
Pretty simple...

A friend of mine send me a Klona review, but I ignored it. 1 or 2 weeks after the same channel did a review of PRS.

I watched both reviews and decided to try it out (stepping wind was also a major reason).

6 months or passed while occasionally listining to stepping wind while playing BF4 and I finally playe Klonoa on the Wii,
and right after beating it I got into emulation, because the game was too easy, I played the 2nd game afterwards and since the summer of '23 I'm into Klonoa  :big_smile: .

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 08:29:29 pm »
I was just a 5 year old kid, the father of my brother(s) would install games on my Wii, one of them was Klonoa.
... Anndddd yeah that's it really, but, why am i here? I was watching Caddicarus around 2019, 2020, 2021, he reminded me of the game's name, it was always stuck in the depths of my memory, but i never could remember the game's name, just the characteristics... And that also made me realize, the game was on Playstation originally?! :O And since then i fell in love with it, and of course, like the average Klonoa fan, i was sh*ting all over the Wii remake, even tho, nowadays, i think it doesn't deserve all the hate.  :)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/