No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Investopedia: "It looks like AMD might decline right into bankruptcy"  (Read 1728 times)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Investopedia, a finance site and a resource for investing education, gave 3 reasons why AMD is declining and expected the situation would get even worse.
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/081315/3-reasons-why-advanced-micro-devices-amd-keeps-sliding.asp
The first one who replies to this topic will have to buy 10 FX-9590 in order to save AMD.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Investopedia: "It looks like AMD might decline right into bankruptcy"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 11:55:22 am »
If AMD does go poof it's gonna be hi to extreme prices for a while. I also dread a monopoly since that means probably not much is going to change for a time.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:56:47 am »
AMD improvement planning areas else meeting advantages or disadvantages?

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 10:19:58 am »
My thoughts

1.) PC sales declining. Seeing that the PC market is saturated doesn't mean that PC is going to the wayside. PC sales are only 'declining' because PC last a LOT longer than mobile devices.  Typical consumers don't even generally upgrade their PCs for about 5-7 years. Also guess what? Tablet sales have been declining too as it's been saturated as well. People don't upgrades their tablets nearly as much as smartphones.

2.) Contradicts the PC sales decline. If Intel is making a profit and is keeping factories running and full then apparently some money is being made. And Intel really can't get a grasp into the mobile market. So I call balderdash.

3.)I don't see any real growth until they release their Zen processors in 2016. And with THAT said, DX12 and Vulkan is proving that all that horsepower that AMD has with their CPU and GPUs will be worth it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:14:05 pm by the_darai »