Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What Languages do you speak?  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
What Languages do you speak?
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:57:23 pm »
I love learning about language! It's my biggest passion, of course I like other things, but just learning about the theory, the grammar, the semantics and the cultural differences it's very interesting, though I'm much more interested in indigenous languages and the language of science.

So what language or languages do you all speak? I speak English and Spanish, I know some words in Nahuatl which is considered sometimes to be the Mexican language, though don't ask me to speak it. He he...

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »
I speak Italian as primary language and English. I can read a bit of spanish since it's similar to Italian but I can't speak it. One day i want to learn Solresol ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solresol ), it will be fun to speak it, especially for me being a Pianist.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 01:47:55 pm »
I speak Arabic and English, and rarely Japanese
And i'm very bad on Japanese.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:45:14 pm by ALOIYD »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:14:51 pm »
Only English. I tried learning Spanish in school, but had some trouble staying on top of it all.

I do have a big interest in other languages, and like to learn a few basic words here and there. What I find really interesting is constructed languages, Esperanto and Lojban. Esperanto is supposed to be really similar to lots of other European languages, which I would believe. Lojban is just plain weird though. It's supposed to be completely neutral and involve as little emotion (when speaking) as possible, plus the way it's structured is pretty similar to computer code.

I don't ever plan on trying to learn these languages, but I think they're interesting because of how unique they are.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:03:59 pm »
English
a very tiny amount of Japanese because of my exposure on pso2
a very tiny amount of Russian
a very tiny amount of Spanish too because that is just the usual 2nd language where I live for some reason.
I am now interested in Lojban after reading what nebulavista said but I'd likely be to lazy xD.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 04:11:33 pm »
Quote from: "Daemyn"
English
a very tiny amount of Japanese because of my exposure on pso2
a very tiny amount of Russian
a very tiny amount of Spanish too because that is just the usual 2nd language where I live for some reason.
I am now interested in Lojban after reading what nebulavista said but I'd likely be to lazy xD.
It's definitely not worth learning the language (in a serious manner). I just learn different words for fun.

And if you didn't believe me when I said it was weird, here's a couple of examples:

.u'u = Repentance ("I feel sorry for you"). Pronounced as "OO-Hoo" (u = oo as an cartoon and ' adds an h sound)

I tried translating "Klonoa" but it was pretty confusing to figure out the alphabet. The closest I got was kloNO,ua. (which is probably wrong).

Offline dragee

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ♩♪♩♩♪
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:29:52 am »
I can speak Japanese,Korean
English grammer was different from Jpn and Kor, So  I cannot speak well..^^;
(for example, English is S+V+O, however the others are S+O+V)but I'm learning English hard :3

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 03:11:05 am »
I only speak English right now, but I do plan on learning how to speak Japanese soon. I already downloaded a few writing charts for Hiragana and Kanji (just missing some charts for Katakana  :( ), and I found myself quite a few resources for learning the language through Tumblr. I just need to find a time to study this without being sidetracked by other things
It a me

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »
Quote from: "dragee"
I can speak Japanese,Korean
English grammer was different from Jpn and Kor, So  I cannot speak well..^^;
(for example, English is S+V+O, however the others are S+O+V)but I'm learning English hard :3
Your English isn't that bad. I just find it impressive when people can learn a second language at all, I've never really been that good at it.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 03:46:25 pm »
My main language is Turkish, I also tried to learn French, but failed.

No need to mention English, I think.