No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What Languages do you speak?  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Krusiv

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • We'll always have Phantomile
    • Twitter
Re: What Languages do you speak?
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:51:06 am »
My main language is English. I am currently studying Japanese.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 04:04:36 am »
I speak English (of course) and some immediate French, though it's a little rusty nowadays.

Do coding languages count? :P

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 08:21:09 pm »
Do coding languages count? :P
Sure! They are languages after all, aren't they? Though try not to get off the subject please.

It seems there are a few people here that know Japanese or want to learn Japanese, I think we could all learn together, I would also love to learn Japanese.

I also want to learn Finnish for two reasons: 1) I'm very interested in the culture and 2) I would love to go to Finland to study linguistics and start my training on General Semantics there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_semantics

(About time I replied, though I personally like to wait first. He he).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:43:54 am by Aura24 »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 12:32:25 am »
Well, since you asked to revive it...

I speak English. Just English. Though, I used to have a Spanish class in School, but I don't remember much Spanish...

I can also speak Pokemon! Pi! Pika pi chu pika pichu kapi!...okay, not really.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline salehmo2000

• A die-hard Klonoa fan
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 05:38:57 am »
I can speak English and arabic,and studying Japanese.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:06:17 am »
I speak two languages at the moment. Yes, I am planning to learn more; Italian would be useful for my interests.

My native tongue is Polish, as you may already know. I'm writing in my second language, obviously. I had German classes throughout my middle school and high school, but it has never really stick to me. I just don't find that language appealing, sadly. Though, my uncle has a PhD in German philology.

There's one funny thing English and Polish language teachers have in common. As you were taught in school that you should never start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction, my teachers taught me the same in Polish. And you know what? It's not true. Every time I wanted to put an emphasis on a rhetorical question when writing something for school using a coordinating conjunction, the old hag that was my teacher in middle school would take away points for that.

I had English classes throughout my entire public education, and they were utter garbage. I am mainly self-taught. Back in my high school days I used to sleep through all the English classes. They were so boring. From time to time when I wasn't sleeping I even spotted some ridiculous translation mistakes in my school textbooks, and consulted my teacher about them. Can you bloody imagine that?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:19:29 am by Gyzyn »

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 01:21:13 am »
I mainly speak english only.....(I was studying Spanish at school but I had some trouble with the course so I only know)
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 06:26:46 am »
I know Hungarian, my native language, but otherwise I use English most of the time, because of the work I do. Funny thing is, I use English so much to watch movies, play games, etc, that half the time I think in English without realizing it.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 07:18:32 am »
^I thought you were a native English speaker. Nice skills, Bitterman. You kind of live in the neighborhood too.

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:30 am »
Thanks. I was lucky to have a great English teacher back in school, she gave me seperate classes to help learn higher english. Past elementary I mostly learned it by socializing online, since English in high school was... erm... well the teacher just flat-out told the class he won't even bother trying to teach them anymore. I think the second thing that helped most was when I started watching everything in original English instead of crappy local dubs.

I also thought of studying more languages, mostly Spanish and German came to mind.