Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa's voice has been STOLEN?!  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Klonoa's voice has been STOLEN?!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 04:33:45 pm »
This is not the first time it happened. The Orchard Music stole Klonoa's music, then sent us a copyright infrignement notice. THESE PEOPLE TRYING TO GAIN MONEY OVER STOLEN MUSIC!

(Image removed from quote.)

http://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=920.msg15895#msg15895

What?? That's really goofed up.

I looked up the title of what they were using to put a strike upon you and this was the result:
https://mp3-music-download.com/music/Yameen/Chumpy+Intro

I don't hear nor see any Klonoa material.

EDIT - I take that back. Here's the actual song that does use samples:
http://yameen.bandcamp.com/track/chumpy-intro

I'm so baffled atm
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:43:05 pm by LazerSunfish »

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Left this site for good.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »
Has anybody filed a report to Namco about that...? I mean, Wow. Copyright these days is messed up.
dead

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 04:53:53 pm »
I sent them an email twice but never got a response

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 08:12:17 pm »
Filing complaints over the Duharahalalalabebop game is an almost impossible act. China's given the ability to do whatever they please when it comes to patented products as long as their creations are held within their own country only (even though themed conventions seem to ignore this often). You can thank the WTO for this :bad_straight_face:

Reporting Yameen's song, on the other hand, is dependent on weather or not he's bought rights to the sound effects/music of DtP from NamcoBandai. I highly doubt he has since DJs have a habit of stealing for samples and selling that sort of music. If no license was purchased prior to the song's creation, he's open for being sued as well as Orchard Music.

Yameen has a Facebook and according to his page he's pretty responsive. I can speak with him over the latter issue when time allows it or someone else can if ya'll want the job done quicker.

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Wind
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 08:17:25 pm »
Also worth noting, "Duludubi" is apparently a mascot of a theme park in China.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU0MzcyMDg=.html?x

So who did they give the license to make this game to? Active Enterprises?
dead

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 08:23:04 pm »
Also worth noting, "Duludubi" is apparently a mascot of a theme park in China.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU0MzcyMDg=.html?x

So who did they give the license to make this game to? Active Enterprises?

Fantawild made it themselves. They own both the mascot and the park.

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Wind
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 08:31:30 pm »
Huh... I do know that that apparently the site that hosted the game has gone down from what I heard. But I don't know as it's confusing trying to navigate through a Chinese site.  x_x

Almost reminds me of the time I found out about an obscure Japanese mascot thanks to a (admitably very bad) DS game called "Rhythm n' Notes".

Oddly enough I found this a while ago. The fact that it's in English confuses me.

Could it be possible that... Nah, I'm thinking way too deep into this. :(
dead

Offline Mario123311

• Paku
  • Wind
Duludubi - China's cute little obscure mascot
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 01:52:01 pm »
Since the Vinesauce forums have been facing recent issues with Spambots I figure I'll make this thread HERE considering it seems they have to sanitize everything. A few of you guys remember that old Mario Galaxy knockoff I showed off here with stolen Klonoa SFX and whatnot, After watching Vinesauce's stream and out of morbid curiousity I dug deeper into the history of the creators and it's origins.

Our little "bootleg protatgonist" is actually a pretty famous mascot around China to a theme park brand known as Fantawild. "Duludubi" quite clearly actually being his name. He has a lot of merchandising and whatnot and even had a TV series from what I uncovered. Safe to say, Despite me finding out about him through... odd origins, I gained some sort of weird interest in this obscure little fella. Thanks, Vinesauce.

I tend to spend time to time looking for material of his considering it's VERY hard to come across, I've found artwork from several promo stuff and even books of all things which you can view here.
http://imgur.com/a/I7ldQ
http://imgur.com/a/NnH5T

I also have found a few videos form one of the actual theme park attractions he stars in for those curious.
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Don't ask why I'm making this thread, I tend to get into obscure stuff quite a bit sometimes.
dead

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
Re: Duludubi - China's cute little obscure mascot
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 05:58:02 pm »
Same, noticeably, I started to get interested in them lesser known games I didn't know of, like Solatorobo/Little Tail Bronx.

It's interesting to see the little blue dinosaur to actually be a Theme Park mascot. Even with the aforementioned bootleg game, as it comes as a surprise. Unless the owners of Duludubi allowed that. :P

Offline Jed the Cabbit

• Moo
  • I'm known as Jed from _____ on Twitter.com
Duludubi Star knockoff game.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2022, 10:37:05 pm »
As the title says: there was a knockoff game made for a Chinese theme park called Duludubi Star that uses Klonoa's voice and the Tower of Balue OST. Vinny's video on it actually got me into this series due to all the backlash in the comments. Anyhow it's awesome to be a Klonoa fan in this day and age. :smile2:
Jed Cabbit