We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Project Heroes  (Read 71152 times)

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -20
Re: Project Heroes
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »
I'm late to the party. Is there one in the works? I don't wanna play Klonoa Heroes until it's translated to english.
I'm John Doe and I'm anonymous.

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2016, 09:59:11 pm »
Please tell me this is still something. :sad_face:

Offline Gantsu the Wolf

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Still waiting for a Klonoa Heroes english patch :D
    • My Soundcloud homepage!
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2016, 03:51:29 pm »
Is this still in the works?
I'm just getting into romhacking and stuff, and I'd love to help if I could! I really want to see this through!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2017, 10:04:44 am »

I had an idea though idk a lot on codeing so take it as you will. I don't know if it will be much easier but. Instead of trying to hack he rom directly. Why not just use a memory injector similar to how a trainer would work for a PC game but instead use it for a specific Klonoa Heroes rom or one that stores text in the same memory locations every time.

Have it be that the trainer/memory injector temporarily overwrites the japanese story text with the english either in game or at least some where on screen where it is readable. it Might could do the same with npc text in the future as well.

It's not an elegant or perfect idea but it is at least something.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »
I had an idea though idk a lot on codeing so take it as you will. I don't know if it will be much easier but. Instead of trying to hack he rom directly. Why not just use a memory injector similar to how a trainer would work for a PC game but instead use it for a specific Klonoa Heroes rom or one that stores text in the same memory locations every time.

Have it be that the trainer/memory injector temporarily overwrites the japanese story text with the english either in game or at least some where on screen where it is readable. it Might could do the same with npc text in the future as well.

It's not an elegant or perfect idea but it is at least something.

That sounds really interesting though. I won't do it of course but maybe someone here could look into it?

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2018, 05:06:55 pm »
I'll Try haven't got my hands into the project for a while... (Even though I did little to help -_-;
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2021, 05:55:41 pm »
I guess this will never be finished, probably, i could learn Japanese faster, or my personal best option, just dismiss this whole game.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2021, 10:51:01 am »
Oh dang, I didn't expect this thread to be dormant, especially with the ongoing developments... looks like things need to be rectified a little.

Anyways. This project has taken a new light as of this year, tremendous progress has been made on the translation, modding, text/texture replacement fronts and more... thanks to a ton of people. And all of that is happening in Klonoa Mega Chat :lookinleft:

As for when it will be finished, I'm not sure anyone knows, but if such progress holds steady for a couple more months, we might actually be able to expect a resounding, true good ending for this everlasting project ! before Klonoa Encore

I'd estimate anyways, as I had absolutely no hands in the project.

It doesn't look like a dream anymore. Well actually, you could still say it's a dream.