Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Project Heroes  (Read 71283 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »
Quote from: "Fake Ring"
I've been discussing translations of the script by Aoi with a friend of mine. If there's anything I could do involving narration or dialogue touch-ups, please let me know!
Niceness. :)

I'll be doing some work on it this weekend actually. Things are starting to slow down and I have a few days off next week.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 01:10:06 am »
Today I have finally set out to do some work on translation using some hex editors, character charts and lots of caffeine.

It's a long road ahead.  This won't be easy, probably not fun either, but I'll gain experience from it. I plan to see this through.

http://gyazo.com/c03d0d2bffbbe9321a7750acbd2e22ab

Here goes something.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 11:49:19 pm »
UPDATE: I'm taking another break from the game as a ton of personal problems came up that are eating my time and resources. I'll get back to it once things are resolved.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Project Heroes
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 12:58:43 am »
Quote from: "SpykeXD"
InvisionFree
Some other site

I found two translations of the game. The first one appears complete but hasn't been formatted to make sense in English (looks like a direct translation) and the second one hasn't been completed and it also hasn't been formatted. These should provide a good base for the translation.

I'm also taking a class in Japanese so I might be able to help with this once I start becoming more fluent in the language. I can already read and write hiragana and katakana, but I haven't learned enough vocabulary (yet) to be all that helpful.
Basically the one from windvalley is the same one done by Aoi. But it seems there're no more translations can be found.
Let's talk about another thing - does anyone get the full list of items and equipments? Many names in the game are just "loanwords" from English - pronouncing English words in the Japanese way.
I preserved every equipments I can get, but I'm not playing the game recently for my team is underleveled and I'm too lazy to get EXP.
Plus I found we lacked some emoticons which we can get from the game, like "poisoned", "blinded", "confused", "low HP", "got hurt", and the last one - probably the hardest one to get, is "got a critical hit". Can anybody help?

EDIT:I've found all the emoticons we need (including the ones appear in dialog only)! Thanks our member ka64 for she running a Klonoa tumblr made searching easier!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:13:43 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
Project Heroes
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 11:50:40 pm »
I would like to help but there is a few things...1. Some one might wanna teach me about hexadecimals and two I only use a macbook....until summertime (I am currently using a school laptop for the time being) though I could help interpreting the story line or I could spread the word about the translation....maybe I could find more people to help with the project ^_^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:51:28 pm by Megahog2014 »
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 12:28:41 am »
Sure, I don't mind the help. Right now I'm not doing anything with the translation quite yet as I've been busy with another project as of late. But I can show you some pointers about hexadecimals, some of the tools I'm using, etc.

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Project Heroes
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 12:43:29 am »
I know nothing about romhacking or hex editing, but if it has to do with English or localization, I think I'd do a pretty good job of keeping everyone in character. I'm actually using Aoi's scripts for a large solo project I'm working on. If you'd like an example, don't be afraid to ask. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:44:37 am by Fake Ring »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 07:58:00 am »
Sure, I'll let you know. At the moment though, I'm trying to crack this thing open so that I can actually get to translating this thing.

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Project Heroes
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 08:10:27 am »
Quote from: "the_darai"
Sure, I'll let you know. At the moment though, I'm trying to crack this thing open so that I can actually get to translating this thing.
I wish you the best of luck. I know you'll eventually be able to do it. ;D

Now I'm worried if anything in my project will clash with lore in my project... I'm only going by the translated parts, which don't seem to have the residents' dialogue.  :unsure:

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Project Heroes
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:38 am »
I inspected the ROM, and it's lacking lower case letters. Could be a problem.

@Fake Ring I am looking forward to your finished project. A theory I've been thinking is Klonoa become his own character in the ending of Klonoa3 so all the spin-off games/comics can be "connected" with the main series. But I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:54:05 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come