It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?  (Read 9043 times)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Re: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 01:47:35 am »
Bought it the instant I saw Nintendo tweet it was available in the American e-shop. :)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 04:34:22 am »
I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while, but now that the game is actually available on the Wii U, how many people have actually purchased it...? I don't have a Wii U, I'm not allowed to have consoles outside of handhelds and a PC (I've stuck with emulators) but my girlfriend has a Wii U so I've managed to get her obsessed with the series so she'd be willing to buy it  :embarassed:

If it came out on the 3ds I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I check the e-shop every single day for a Klonoa release. Empire of Dreams was the very first Klonoa game I ever played. I have it on my gba4ios and an actual copy for my ds lite, and it holds a special place in my heart for introducing me to the series. It makes me so sad that so many Klonoa fans consider the GBA games un-canon or spin-offs. Beach Volley is a spin-off, the GBA games still have great story lines and characters, and hell, still have great graphics, music, and gameplay. Just because it's 16-bit 2D rather than 3D (or rather 2.5D) doesn't make it a game worth shunning? I never understood... perhaps it's just that the GBA games weren't really as hyped about in America as the Playstation games were...

And even so, buying EoD on the e-shop would only show Namco that people still care about Klonoa  ;D
Question, did the red text warning in the quick reply when you gone replying this?
If yes, then Prepare yourself.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 04:51:04 am »
If the GBA games came on the VC, I'd consider it.

I doubt they even have the source code for the canceled Gamecube port of Lunatea's Veil, though. It was never released, why bother keeping it, would be their logic, I would think. I do see them doing an HD port, however.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 08:31:45 am »
Still no plan to get a Wii U for now. Nintendo said they're preparing a new console for "emerging markets" and I would like to see it before making any decisions.

Don't worry if anyone says EoD isn't canon. The relation between the games is never clarified except DtP and LV.

Off-topic: Actually, GBA is a 32-bit handheld console with 15bit color depth.

If the GBA games came on the VC, I'd consider it.

I doubt they even have the source code for the canceled Gamecube port of Lunatea's Veil, though. It was never released, why bother keeping it, would be their logic, I would think. I do see them doing an HD port, however.
Empire of Dreams has been released on Wii U Virtual Console already. Did you start to consider it?

Canceled port? Wasn't Lunatea's Veil a GameCube game at the first place?
Lunatea's Veil is based on Unite Engine made by Namco. Since the engine is cross-platform, I bet the staff didn't have to abandon the prototype GC game. They could rewrite some code and turn it into a PS2 game easily.

I have to correct my earlier statement in this thread: No GBA games were ever released on Wii.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:46:03 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »
@the_darai: Don't you mean show?

@confuted: You have to have a Wii U to download any virtual console games on it. You can't buy it without buying the system.
Virtual Console also works with Wii, which is cheaper if you don't want Wii U exclusives.  ;)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 07:12:37 pm »
@the_darai: Don't you mean show?

@confuted: You have to have a Wii U to download any virtual console games on it. You can't buy it without buying the system.
Virtual Console also works with Wii, which is cheaper if you don't want Wii U exclusives.  ;)

Yes, but there are WiiU-exclusive Virtual Console games, too. Like Klonoa:EoD.

And, nothing for nothing, but...don't you find the idea of responding to something said 9 months ago a little silly?

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).