Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: My thoughts on the Wiimake and it's voice acting.  (Read 816 times)

Online HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
My thoughts on the Wiimake and it's voice acting.
« on: February 21, 2024, 12:21:42 pm »
I think the Wiimake improved visually a lot, some places look very different, in a good way.

My biggest complaint is that the game is too easy, eventhough I died a lot more in the Wiimake than in DtP, so it is actually harder than DtP  :confused: . Well I think it is the control's fault, something makes it harder to control Klonoa then it should be.

I died more often, eventhough they increased HP and reduced the numbers of enemies and made the bossfights easier.
even the number of projectiles were reduced.

The voice acting isn't as bad as I remember, but it's emotionless. Ghadius and Balue had the only good voice actors (eventhough Ghadius dosen't really sound like Ghadius), I think the voiceactors of Seadolph and the soldier Jugpot were miscasted. The Wahoo doesen't sound as good, but the ingame voiceacting of Klonoa is decent.

But there is something hilariously funny about the delivery of the line: "Ich bin Klonoa aus Winddorf."  :embarassed:

Joka had by far the worst voiceacting, he is so emotionless...  :angry:

(PS Ghadius' Mask's metal effect looks  pretty neat in the Wiimake  ;))

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: My thoughts on the Wiimake and it's voice acting.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 01:03:43 pm »
(keep note that this is the German version, not refering to english voice actors and such)

Wait, you found it to be harder despite it also being easier? Huh, i didn't ever really see it that way but, sure thing, i do know that Klonoa no longer gets momentum from slopes and such, but... I wonder, what exactly made you die more?  :unsure:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 01:42:41 pm »
Hallo! Ich bin Balue aus Breezegale!

Okay, I've heard some of the German voice acting.. And let's just say I'm not a fan of Klonoa's voice in it (even though he barely talks in it)

Klonoa's voice is.. not really the greatest. It just doesn't fit Klonoa. Huepow is just Huepow. I have nothing to say for Huepow's voice.

And also Balues "HUAH! HNYAH!" can be a lil funny

One thing I noticed: They sound incredibly bored in it. Like their voices just don't have energy at all. They don't sound excited in it

Ghadius just sounds like a villain from a Disney Channel movie

And Joka.. his voice does not match him. That voice does not sound good on him at all. It just makes Joka sound like a high school student.

So if there's anything I have to say for the voice acting in the German version: It's not good. It's bad.
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 02:15:27 pm »
I never played the Wiimake but I did see a couple of reviews about it. I did hear the English voice acting and...safe to say Eric Stitt as Klonoa still gives me Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora flashbacks  :sick:

I didn't know the German dub also had questionable quality, that's something to check out.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Online HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 02:57:51 pm »
I forgot to mention that i meant the German voiceacting  :embarassed:

Offline NelloPed

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 10:52:06 am »
I forgot to mention that i meant the German voiceacting  :embarassed:
You could try out the Japanese voice acting with the undub patch I made a while ago!
I'll be happy to help
(also, I thought I was one of the only German Klonoa fans :big_smile:)

Online HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 11:59:36 am »
You could try out the Japanese voice acting with the undub patch I made a while ago!
I'll be happy to help
(also, I thought I was one of the only German Klonoa fans :big_smile:)

When I was watching a yt video of the credits, I listened a bit to the  japanese dub and I was terrified. :o

I was pretty much convinced that I was the only German here.

Offline AGiLE-EaGLE1994

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Shameless Wiimake Enjoyer.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 09:59:17 am »
The English dub is really over-hated IMO, and I think Balue, Joka and Ghadius in particular have REALLY good voices in the English version. Eric Stitt portraying Klonoa definitely fits his design for the Wiimake itself, though it doesn't fit his Lunatea's Veil design quite as well, and strongly clashes with his DtP design (Though in DtP he was 9, versus 13 in LV and 20 in the Wiimake, so obviously he'd have a much higher voice), though that's to be expected.

Eric had good emotional expression, but I think his screams and "Woooaaaahhh!" sounds needed work.
Eric Stitt's voice for Klonoa is fitting, and I will die on that hill.

Online kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 10:30:49 am »
The English dub is really over-hated IMO, and I think Balue, Joka and Ghadius in particular have REALLY good voices in the English version. Eric Stitt portraying Klonoa definitely fits his design for the Wiimake itself, though it doesn't fit his Lunatea's Veil design quite as well, and strongly clashes with his DtP design (Though in DtP he was 9, versus 13 in LV and 20 in the Wiimake, so obviously he'd have a much higher voice), though that's to be expected.

Eric had good emotional expression, but I think his screams and "Woooaaaahhh!" sounds needed work.

I don't like the Wii game myself, but I honestly respect your opinion ;D

Though, for the English version, I will agree on the Joka part: he does actually have a great voice that suits him well. Definitely one of the best ones for me.

And I'll give Eric Stitt this: He did try, and I think that's what matters. He gave his best efforts of what he was told to do, so I will give him credit for trying.
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.