Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Ideas for plot points for potential future games?  (Read 652 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Ideas for plot points for potential future games?
« on: October 29, 2021, 08:15:26 pm »
Anyone got any ideas for potential plot points for potential futures games? I’ve actually got a couple: Klonoa having to fight a corrupted ally, and Klonoa meeting the Goddess Claire, possibly even uncovering a connection between the two (which was somewhat alluded to in Lunatea’s Veil) in the process, and even fleshing out Klonoa’s backstory and revealing more about the “Dream Traveller” aspect of him as well.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Re: Ideas for plot points for potential future games?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 09:51:11 pm »
I'd be most interested to have a sort of origin story for the dream traveler concept. Is Klonoa some randomly gifted individual? Is he summoned unknowingly? The end of Lunatea's Veil showed Klonoa has some control of at least leaving a phantomile. Are other phantomiles generally aware "dream traveler(s)" exist?

At the moment if there was to be a sequel I'd like to see a world in which Klonoa is not immediately greeted or bonded with the persons there. I kinda feel that a repeat of known characters would, at least to me, feel like a rehash of previous dialogues and tropes from the previous games. Maybe the world is already 'taken over' by the villain and Klonoa has to find his way around...maybe with the help of 'freedom fighters' he uncovers later in the story.

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Re: Ideas for plot points for potential future games?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 01:55:39 am »
I wanna write about this some other time because I have a lot of ideas but I don't feel like it now. I feel like my idea of a "Klonoa 3" so-to-speak has become so specific at this point that I would be disappointed with anything that isn't exactly that and I can't help but be saddened by that. I'm worried that no matter how great a new entry might be it would still be undercut by living so much of my life with such a fixed idea of the concept. I'd like to think an older, more measured version of myself would be more open to this, but I played Klonoa 2 when I was like 12 and since then I've probably only grown closer to my narrow view.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 01:57:53 am by HylianBran »
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery