The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Possible Undub?  (Read 7933 times)

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Re: Possible Undub?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2022, 06:49:54 pm »
I don't really get the appeal but I hope Klonoa Encore has an option for this as long as the normal Klonoa Phantomilian language is the default. More options can only be a good thing.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2022, 07:51:01 pm »
I don't really get the appeal but I hope Klonoa Encore has an option for this as long as the normal Klonoa Phantomilian language is the default. More options can only be a good thing.

Oh trust me, there is a decently-sized undubbing community not exclusive to Klonoa fandom that requested this undub for years.
I myself asked if undub exists around the year 2012 and have waited ever since.
Might not appeal to everybody but it definitely does to one portion of the fanbase.

I agree Klonoa Encore should support all 3 dubs and if the game will be on Steam, then it probably will in order to have one unified global release.
Then again, there is a chance if Klonoa Encore will include Klonoa 2 as well, they might not want to spend additional money to make Japanese and English dubs for Klonoa 2 and they might opt to use Phantomilian language exclusively for both games so it's identical because it would be weird if Klonoa 1 had 3 dubs while Klonoa 2 had only one dub.

Offline NelloPed

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 10:04:29 am »
Then again, there is a chance if Klonoa Encore will include Klonoa 2 as well, they might not want to spend additional money to make Japanese and English dubs for Klonoa 2 and they might opt to use Phantomilian language exclusively for both games so it's identical because it would be weird if Klonoa 1 had 3 dubs while Klonoa 2 had only one dub.

If that proves to be true, I will definitely port the Japanese dub over, no questions asked.
(I should really make a new post for this patch... One day...)
@mushroom32x If I happen to make a new post for the undub, could you then update your blogpost of it? Thx  ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 10:08:40 am by NelloPed »

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2022, 12:09:01 am »
If that proves to be true, I will definitely port the Japanese dub over, no questions asked.
(I should really make a new post for this patch... One day...)
@mushroom32x If I happen to make a new post for the undub, could you then update your blogpost of it? Thx  ;D
Yes, I will certainly update the post then~