Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:54:52 am »
I noticed that not many topics are around, and since there's a video games part that's not Klonoa, I think I'll try to bring in some more fun. Old and new, obscure and well known, loved and hated... I have a bunch of games I'd love to talk about, so I think I'll end my little starting statement on the posts and get straight to the topic now.

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes was a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I first saw the box art. Its gameplay is in the Dynasty Warrior range, so if you enjoyed those games, you'll love this one. Always so enjoyable getting a 2000 hit combo on a crapton of enemies, and each character is quite unique to each other and stories that encourage replayability. Big bonus for have co-op on both story and free battle modes so your friend is never left out if they want to play.

So tell me, have you ever played this yourself and if so, who's your favorite character to use? I personally split between Saica, Masamune, and Ieyasu. Sassy guns, six sword rushing, and headbutts, gotta love 'em! ;)
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:39:15 pm »
Quote from: "MMZenex"
I noticed that not many topics are around, and since there's a video games part that's not Klonoa, I think I'll try to bring in some more fun. Old and new, obscure and well known, loved and hated... I have a bunch of games I'd love to talk about, so I think I'll end my little starting statement on the posts and get straight to the topic now.

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes was a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I first saw the box art. Its gameplay is in the Dynasty Warrior range, so if you enjoyed those games, you'll love this one. Always so enjoyable getting a 2000 hit combo on a crapton of enemies, and each character is quite unique to each other and stories that encourage replayability. Big bonus for have co-op on both story and free battle modes so your friend is never left out if they want to play.

So tell me, have you ever played this yourself and if so, who's your favorite character to use? I personally split between Saica, Masamune, and Ieyasu. Sassy guns, six sword rushing, and headbutts, gotta love 'em! ;)
I've never heard about this game.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:14:00 am »
I've heard about Dynasty Warrior series are kinds of "cutting grass" games, which are similar to Legend of Zelda in some respects.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:07 am »
Well most haven't heard of it darai even though it's a Capcom game, so you're not alone on that one. ^^;

As for the Dynasty Warrior games being cutting grass, you're literally a general that mows down every soldier on the field. The only time I found myself having to think a bit more on my approach is when an event happens or when fighting a boss.
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."