You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Saddest song/music?  (Read 4630 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Saddest song/music?
« on: July 15, 2015, 03:57:53 am »
well lately i've been listening to allot of sad songs, and i decided to make a topic for everyone to share sad music they like. post a few soundtracks and explain why it hits you in the feels, and why you love it so much.

this is Kanashiki Kako, or otherwise known as, Past Story. just hits you in the feels every time. i also recently learned to play that on piano, so i played it for my family one day, and they all cried. i kinda felt bad after that.

anyway here's a few more sad ones that just... ugh they hit my feelz. it's worse if you know what's going on as their playing

this is Inishie no Mahou. that opening gets me every time

this is called Shukumei. when the beat drops near the end i just get shivers

this is Takanashi Yasuharu, otherwise known as Mirajane's theme. i played this on harp, while my friend played the recorder, and my whole class sang it for remembrance day

this is Kizuna. oh my gosh, this beat drop in this one, it just... brings a tear to my eye every time, no joke.
:Acnologia, that black dragon of apocalypse is attacking everyone on Tenroujima island.
Makarov: *uses his last bit of magic to grow 100x his size to hold off Acnologia long enough for everyone else to escape*
everyone says they don't want to leave, that they want to stay with him
Makarov: "you're going to ignore an old man's final wishes? you dumb brats!"
everyone finally gives in and starts running away, crying and begging for him to be ok
Makarov: "that's right... run away, protect yourselves. are you sad because someone's gonna die? has saddness ever killed someone? these are answers you will find later in life... my amazing children, full of pride... live on! into the future!":
imagine that scene with this music T^T

this one... oh boy this one. the Fairy Tail main theme, slow version. this plays at the most iconic, most sad, most depressing, most tear jerking, most inspirational, and most important moments ever in the show. it's used just enough times to leave a mark on you, yet not enough times to grow old. that's the true power of this music.
:Acnologia, the black dragon of apocalypse. nothing can defeat it, only the black mage Zeref. Acnologia is about to completely annihilate the island of Tenroujima, where all of Fairy Tail is. with everyone weak and exhausted, they have no way of fighting back.
Mirajane: "everyone, hold hands. we may not have any magic left to fight, but the strength of our friendship is stronger then any dragon"
Laxus: *smiles and reaches a hand out to his grandfather*
Makarov: *crying and takes his hand* "that's right... lets all go home together"
*everyone takes each others hand and stands in a circle*
Everyone: "lets go home... to FAIRY TAIL!"
Acnologia: *shoots a huge beam of energy at the island, destroying it completely*
7 years pass with no sign of anyone who was on Tenroujima island:
imagine that music playing at the scene T^T

this is Tenshi no Kunou. when the vocals come in i start tearing up

this is Carla no Kokuhaku. it's the theme of the white cat in the picture, Carla. she has the power to see into the future, but she didn't know this. so when she was born, she saw tiny fragments of the future. she didn't understand what it was, so she assumed the queen put orders inside her brain before she was born to kill the girl known as Wendy. Wendy just so happened to be the girl to find Carla's egg before she was born (yes the cat hatched from an egg) Carla didn't want to kill anyone, so she tried to leave, but Wendy stopped her, saying there's no reason to leave because their friends. Wendy and Carla soon became best friends. but Carla had to live her whole life thinking she was supposed to kill her one and only friend who she loved dearly. she found out years later it was just her seeing into the future. this story touches me deeply.

and last but not least we have Seigi no Chikara. this one hits me deep cause it plays at the moment shown in the pic on the vid. my favorite character, Wendy Marvell, finds out her entire life she lived was a lie. she was abandoned at birth, and raised by a dragon. but her dragon disappeared one day. so she already lost what she saw as her mother. then she was taken in by a traveler, who she also lost. then she was taken in by a foster family. then years later she finds out all her family and friends were never real, they were illusions. she loses everything she has ever known, and her guild mark is slowly fading away. she pleads and begs for it all to be fake and for everything to go back to how it was. all she wanted was someone who cared about her. but for 12 years (yes Wendy is only 12 years old), she never got it. until Erza, another character said these exact words "moving on doesn't mean you forget things, it just means you accept what happened and continue living. bury the pain of losing your loved ones... if the arms of your friends. come, to Fairy Tail"
a truly heartbreaking scene, with a truly heartwarming ending.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:49:32 pm by BinaryPulsar »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Saddest song/music?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 04:17:10 am »
Holy tonnage of youtube links @_@ try to be a little more sparse with those if you can ._. that's a little difficult to load at times.

Anyways I have 3 of them.
Great Grey Wolf Sif
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Knight Artorias
Gwyn The Lord of Cinder
this is probably the saddest of them to me but you would have to know the games lore some too.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 04:22:24 am »
Holy tonnage of youtube links @_@ try to be a little more sparse with those if you can ._. that's a little difficult to load at times.

Anyways I have 3 of them.
Great Grey Wolf Sif
Knight Artorias
Gwyn The Lord of Cinder
this is probably the saddest of them to me but you would have to know the games lore some too.

i know, but i couldn't just pick one T^T hey i already left out 3 other ones i was gonna add in XD does it help to put them into spoilers? idk how to do this T^T

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 04:28:05 am »
Works on some browsers but not all if anything it saves space. but you can also just put the links in spoiler boxes too like that. I think I did it on a couple of my old threads like the cheat shenanigans one.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 10:36:43 am »
This one has to be taken in context to be at its saddest, and I couldn't find a good quality video of the scene itself, but the theme of animal cruelty really gets to me (for those who don't know this movie, the singer comes from a family of bullfighters) and the expression on the bull's face is heartbreaking as it finally calms down. The English and Spanish versions differ slightly in lyrics, and the Spanish version is the shortened movie version, but the English version has the whole song, so I provided both:

EDIT: found a scene, but I still think the buildup over the time of the movie still makes it better, but it's worth the watch:

Also, how come no one's brought up the Pokemon movie soundtracks? Man those movies made me cry so much it's hard for me to bring myself to watch them more than once, but this song stuck with me in particular, enough for me to learn it on the piano. It's a beautiful song, but for those who have seen the movie, they know exactly what happens in this scene:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:53:02 am by Artsy »

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Moo!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 11:13:14 am »
This is probably unexpected for you but Touhou has its sad music as well. This really hit me in the feels when I first played Touhou 12:

It's the saddest if you know Parsee (the character that has this theme)'s story: She's a HAshihime (bridge princes). Basically she was an human girl who was betrayed by her husband for another girl, so she prayed for revenge and was given a ritual to turn her into a demon. To complete the ritual she needed to dress in a ceremonial outfit used to do curses and immerse herself in a river. After 21 nights she became a demon and got her revenge. After that she just haunted a bridge killing or cursing couples that crossed it. Since Parsee has spent a lot of time on the bridge, she became jealous of not only couples but everything.

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 11:20:12 am »
Curse you Vokadae for picking Dark Souls before I do...

Oh well, I got another pick that's just as good. I kinda held back on picking something from Klonoa's soundtrack, because, by now, we all know about those tracks. So for now, I'll post a track from another game that I really like:

This one often plays during the more heavy moments in the game, and it really make those moments feel even heavier.

Bonus:
It a me

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 11:27:45 am »
How to make memories music soundtrack.

Klonoa at sadness:

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 03:51:04 pm »
This one has to be taken in context to be at its saddest, and I couldn't find a good quality video of the scene itself, but the theme of animal cruelty really gets to me (for those who don't know this movie, the singer comes from a family of bullfighters) and the expression on the bull's face is heartbreaking as it finally calms down. The English and Spanish versions differ slightly in lyrics, and the Spanish version is the shortened movie version, but the English version has the whole song, so I provided both:

EDIT: found a scene, but I still think the buildup over the time of the movie still makes it better, but it's worth the watch:

Also, how come no one's brought up the Pokemon movie soundtracks? Man those movies made me cry so much it's hard for me to bring myself to watch them more than once, but this song stuck with me in particular, enough for me to learn it on the piano. It's a beautiful song, but for those who have seen the movie, they know exactly what happens in this scene:

omg i love this movie. this song gets me every time T^T

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 04:48:09 pm »
This song from The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night kinda gets me because it simply has a sad tune that fits well with Cynder's dark past and to an extent Spyro and Ignitus' relationship. Not to mention, the ending itself is kind of bittersweet as

Is it just me, or is the "Holy Land" and "Ancient Spirit" in the lyrics referencing Heaven and God respectively?
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.