Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Site's specific buttons are a pain to use  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
Site's specific buttons are a pain to use
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:22:07 am »
For the context, I am currently reading through the entirety (Or almost) of this website.
So far there is one thing that annoyed me the most when navigating through it.

That is : Those are not full-screen images.

They're damn too tiny to click ! :very_angry: And I'm on PC !
Granted, it takes a few clicks/seconds to get through, but on the long run i'ts really annoying... And while this is a bit less problematic with 2-digit numbers, a high percentage of topics has less than 10 pages (I have "10 post per pages" choosen), which means less 2-digits and more ridiculously tiny 1-digit numbers.
Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue... I mean, even if you disregard my previous "point", they still are way too small, you need to precisely click on the numbers themselves, not around !
This makes me wonder : Is it the same scenario with phone users ? Ultra-small buttons, even when stretching the screen ?

About the fix : Simply make their hitboxes larger. Here's what it would look like in my imagination, by taking a look on a really popular website on France : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-50-72664796-1-0-1-0-asiat-all-oui.htm
(Disregards the topic's subject, but look at the number's hitboxes. They're MUCH bigger.)

Also, there are no buttons to switch to the previous/next page, which is what I would like the most actually.
If the first fix isn't possible, an simple alt+left/right command would perfectly do the trick.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Site's specific buttons are a pain to use
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:49:35 am »
I've never really had a problem with it in all my years on here...

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 12:48:06 pm »
Hmm I think it's kind of borderline nit picking unless you wanna pay someone to help with website design on here.

Only thing I can imagine being added might be the forward and back arrows. But as for the numbers I've not really had much issues unless I'm trying to use the websites on higher than normal like 3840x2160+ resolution screens and then I usually just zoom stuff since my vision is not well anyways.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »
Kinda curious, what's the yellow marks about?

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 04:45:33 pm »
...They're a childish attempt to demarcate the image from the rest of the interface. It was not easy to see along the dark theme.