Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Over The Garden Wall  (Read 1108 times)

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Over The Garden Wall
« on: November 23, 2014, 05:50:19 pm »
“Somewhere lost in the crowded annals of history lies a place that few have seen. A mysterious place called the Unknown where long forgotten stories are revealed to those who travel through the wood.”

Over the Garden wall is a 10-chapter miniseries that aired on Cartoon Network on Monday, November 3rd. It tells the story of two brothers, the neurotic Wirt and fun-loving Greg, as they wander through the woods called the Unknown trying to find their way home.

Enough synopsis talk, this show is amazing. It's by the creators of Adventure Time, I think, but it honestly feels nothing like it (which I'm very glad for). It has some lighthearted humor, but the show is quite dark. Existentialism, surrealism, a vintage aesthetic, dripping atmosphere, and beautiful music. Also, the quality of the animation and backgrounds is superb.
I can honestly compare it's charm and atmosphere to a Miyazaki movie at times.

The first chapter is available legally on YouTube, and technically so are the rest (not-so-legally), but I encourage support of the official release.

So, discuss. Has anyone here seen this show yet? What did you think of it?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Over The Garden Wall
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »
It reminds me of old stories I used to hear early on school k-3rd grade.
Interesting though.