It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Door to Phantomile Wiimake alt font text  (Read 22779 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Klonoa Door to Phantomile Wiimake alt font text
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:51:34 am »
My mind has turned into a maddening multitude of thoughts T_T because I keep noticing little things

I'm pretty sure the big letters up top say CRESS.
and at the bottom right as well.

klonoa 2 and the ps1 version of Klonoa the door to phantomile also have this.

Does anyone have a guide for these texts or the font it's self before I send myself through the slow agonizing pain of trying to figure out what it says letter by letter later on?

I've seen game companies do this stuff before PSO2 does it and the version I played was 100% Japanese except the funky letters that said stuff in obvious English
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I can dump the texture for it ! makes it a lot clearer as far as the wii make goes

Edit:Idk how I had this orignally set up it has been over a year but I removed the weird bb code implosions
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:30:14 pm by Vokadae, Reason: This thread of mine had weird BB code errors I removed some. »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
Does anyone have a guide or font for this?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 11:13:32 am »
I haven't been able to find anything that looks like this (out side of the Klonoa games). I saw on /r/klonoa that they had a 6 letter phantomillian word that uses the same letter twice in the 3rd and 5th "positions" as their banner, so I assumed that it was klOnOa.

Taking that information, and this new info (how to spell Cress) I've been able to decode a little bit. Once I solve one word, I learn new letters to solve the next one.

So far I cant figure out what 2 words mean, but I can guarantee you that the last 4 words are "AT MOON KINGDOM CRESS".

I'm still working on solving it, but I made a chart for what letters I know. I'll work on uploading it soon.

Edit: I tried deciphering what it says in the book during the credits (of the Wii version) and it comes across as random gibberish. Do you have any more samples of these symbols being used?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:33:30 am by nebulavista »

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:49:27 am »
I also noticed this a long while back, and I think this is where there's a difference from the original and the remake. If I recall, the remake included this, as well as slightly changed some of the other stone murals around The Ruins of the Wind Kingdom.

EDIT: I've come up with

TxIS GATx
Ix AxxIxx
AT MOON
KINGDOM CRESS

where "x" is stuff I can't decipher.

I almost want to say it's in Engrish a bit and go with

THIS GATE
IS ARRIVE
AT MOON
KINGDOM CRESS
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:10:17 pm by Fake Ring »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »
Thanks for the extra pictures Fake Ring.

So far this is what I've got:

THIS GAT_
IS ARRI_ _
AT MOON
KINGDOM CRESS

If that "G" looking letter (last letter of the first row) is also an E for some reason, we could assume it says something like:

THIS GATE
IS ARRIVE
AT MOON
KINGDOM CRESS

(Just a guess though.)
Sorry Fake Ring, I didn't see your edit while I was typing up my post. (Probably wouldn't have though, considering they were only a minute apart.)

Unless we're doing something wrong, I would assume that Gate and Arrive are probably right. But E already has a symbol, so I don't know why it would have two.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:19:15 pm by nebulavista »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 12:31:08 pm »
eh it's either play empire of dreams or comb the wii version for more of those I could do the ps1 version as well but it is going to be harder to read.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:15:41 pm »
If you could find other samples of the text being used, that would be good. Anything works really.

If I can get a full alphabet of these, imagine all of the cool things that we could find!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:03 pm »
I will when I have some time.
I'll probably end up focused on doing just that for a bit once I start
I'm thinking of just replaying the whole wii make and ps1 version to get them.

I'm getting the itch to try and fix Klonoa's eyes to be like the original ps1 version xD
In the wiimake I can use free camera hack to try get better screenshots I had actually already taken some of other interesting objects like a crashed ship in the old ruins that looks similar to what Lephise was useing
I might actually have all of tomorrow free to try this with but it is only a maybe atm.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:30:36 pm by Daemyn »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 10:52:31 pm »
Alright, I could probably do the same for the first game. I'm on the last level at the moment, so I'd have to beat the game first (which I've kept putting off).

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 02:19:55 am »
The crashed ships in the stone walls remain from the events of the 100 Day War that ended up with Ghadius being sealed away, and the Wind Kingdom left in ruin. The Plowms are most likely the people who perished during the war.

Breezegale would probably be the restart of the civilization as a village. Granpa might have even been the former ruler of the Wind Kingdom, or at least a descendant, but we'll never know the truth.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 03:59:31 am »
Quote from: "Fake Ring"
The crashed ships in the stone walls remain from the events of the 100 Day War that ended up with Ghadius being sealed away, and the Wind Kingdom left in ruin. The Plowms are most likely the people who perished during the war.

Breezegale would probably be the restart of the civilization as a village. Granpa might have even been the former ruler of the Wind Kingdom, or at least a descendant, but we'll never know the truth.
According to the guide books, It has been 3000 years since the "100 Day War" when the story of door to Phantomile begins.
Grandpa does know a lot about the past of Phantomile, but the only thing we can be sure is that  Pamela is one of those who survived the war and remained.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:24:05 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come