No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Hack of Door to Phantomile that is WAY HARDER than the original.  (Read 4861 times)

Offline DreamyCheese

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • I'm new here!
I've been thinking about this idea and have thought about it ever since me making a comment on the simplicity of the game. It is more of a challenger hack. What do you guys think of this idea? Haven't plot down anything specific about it yet. Just a concept.

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • Way too personal
Re: Hack of Door to Phantomile that is WAY HARDER than the original.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:42:47 pm »
I would be ALL for that. I love platformers, I love Klonoa, but what I love ever more than platformers is really challenging platformers.
The Crimson Angel of Judecca cometh!

Offline DreamyCheese

• Heart Moo
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 11:45:59 pm »
Totally agreed with you! :D Did you know that Klonoa was created by the same creator of Ninja Gaiden? (The original)

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Way too personal
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:54:36 pm »
I didn't, but then it's no wonder it was so good. Ninja Gaiden was so great

Offline DreamyCheese

• Heart Moo
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:51 pm »
It's one of my favorites. People say it's so hard and I'm like "Pffffffft"

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Way too personal
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:29 am »
There's only a few particularly hard spots, otherwise it's not that bad. My favorite Klonoa stage was Balue's tower, and I wish we could have a whole game at least this difficult.

Offline DreamyCheese

• Heart Moo
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:13:42 am »
That would be amazing :)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 01:39:17 am »
This is old but if i went back to hacking DtP for fun I could probably reduce the amount of hearts and considering how the emulator acts I could speed the game up, I'm probably not the best at playing DtP but I could make a crazy attempt like that xD. Maybe check my wii make experiments thread too.

If you want I can make a video .. of glorious failure xD like I did Einhander
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:42:45 am by Daemyn »

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 12:53:35 pm »
I've been thinking about this idea and have thought about it ever since me making a comment on the simplicity of the game. It is more of a challenger hack. What do you guys think of this idea? Haven't plot down anything specific about it yet. Just a concept.

I love the idea! The only thing I thought was keeping Klonoa 1 and 2 from being perfect, is that the difficulty is too easy, although the extra vision from Klonoa 1 was actually pretty difficult, and I would love something like that for an entire game!

I've been thinking of doing a similar idea for if I ever make a Klonoa fan game, the problem is, It's hard for me to determine what makes a Klonoa level hard, any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:16:24 pm by Cobra! »

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Way too personal
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 07:51:42 am »

I love the idea! The only thing I thought was keeping Klonoa 1 and 2 from being perfect, is that the difficulty is too easy, although the extra vision from Klonoa 1 was actually pretty difficult, and I would love something like that for an entire game!

I've been thinking of doing a similar idea for if I ever make a Klonoa fan game, the problem is, It's hard for me to determine what makes a Klonoa level hard, any ideas?

Personally, I would say hard platforming. It's very difficult to make complex puzzles with the simple mechanics of Klonoa, but it's very easy to make challenging and interesting platforming segments in it. I think Balue's Tower only scratched the surface.