It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Games you like that others hate  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: Games you like that others hate
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 04:10:07 pm »
Adding another one to my list.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U): It may have technical issues and minor gameplay annoyances and the graphics are more like a Wii game than a Wii U game, but I had a fun time with it.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 12:37:19 am »
Aiight I'mma throw one here.

Yoshi's Story for N64. I personally LOVED this game, preferring it over the Yoshi's Island series. Maybe it was the whole storybook aesthetic? The whole COLLECT FRUIT TO WIN? Just how HAPPY it was?? I dunno, it's like.. Yoshi fans? (does Yoshi even have a fandom) in general just hate it and love Yoshi's Island?? (don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Y'sI, I just prefer Y'sS over it is all)

Another, Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space for the original XBox. I personally adored the fact that you can make your own Time Sweeper cat to play with in the game, and I thought it controlled great, and I liked how the time controls worked. I'm not understanding why Blinx fans hate it other than WHY ARE WE NOT BLINX...

That's all that comes to my mind, really.
[

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 09:08:50 pm »
Star Fox Adventures.

HEAR ME OUT.

People tend to give this game a lot of unnecessary hate and flack. Some of it is justified, such as the fact this is most definitely not a completely rail shooter with branching paths and multiple endings like Star Fox 64 was, or the fact that SFA's ending was pretty much an arse pull due to Andross. However, at the same time, you must remember that Rareware was being purchased by Microsoft towards the end of this game's development, AND that Rareware had apparently wanted to pull off a better ending, such as an actual fight with General Scales, and a more fun Andross final battle.

With all of this, however, does this make Star Fox Adventures a bad game in terms of what type of genre it is compared to what Star Fox normally is? OF COURSE NOT. I LOVE the idea of Fox McCloud getting out of the cockpit and doing on-foot missions. I LOVE the idea of a planet of Dinosaurs being the basis of the environment, and a lot of the characters I have a lot of fun interacting with. I also LOVE the fact the gameplay is pretty epic, and don't even get me started on the graphics. The visuals... just... wow... The visuals in this game are perhaps THE most impressive I have EVER seen being done on the GameCube, and only few other games exist out there for this platform that would dare rival this one for that title.

As a result, I legitimately enjoy Star Fox Adventures. Nothing wrong with that, now, is there?

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 01:03:05 am »
Nope. I absolutely love that game myslf. A good sendoff to Rare's days with Nintendo.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline SuperKlonoa64

• demonic snorlax
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 04:46:57 pm »
Games I like but other people hate, huh? I guess that probably be... Metroid: Other M.

Say what you will, but I liked that game. Yes, pixel hunting sucks and yes, it would have been nice to obtain the Varia Suit a bit sooner. But I still think it's a good game. Besides, I got sick of Metroid being a first-person shooter.
Note to self: Attend site more often.