We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Anything and everything Astronomy  (Read 10346 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Re: Anything and everything Astronomy
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 07:51:54 pm »
Just to revive this thread, here's a version of Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" i like, maybe because of the song used.

I'd like to read some of Sagan's books sometime...

Everything in that vid is true. We're just tiny dots in the vastness of space. And if life does exist out there (which im 100% sure it does) i know they wouldn't come to help us. They'd see the way we treat out planet and eachother, so they wouldn't want to be involved in that. Lets face it, even if they did help us, by like, giving us technology to travel through space, we would just go mess up other plantes. Humans are greedy and just want more. I think it's good we're bound to this planet

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 09:17:03 pm »
Ah yes, I agree! If they are so advanced they wouldn't even try to make contact with us, we can't say anything new to them if they've been around longer, yet people like to believe that they would be interested, but instead of asking ourselves "Is there inteligent life on other planets?" what we should be asking is: Is there inteligent life on Earth? i don't think so, not yet.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »
Ah yes, I agree! If they are so advanced they wouldn't even try to make contact with us, we can't say anything new to them if they've been around longer, yet people like to believe that they would be interested, but instead of asking ourselves "Is there inteligent life on other planets?" what we should be asking is: Is there inteligent life on Earth? i don't think so, not yet.

So true! I doubt people will ever realize the concequenses on their actions