Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How do you know him?  (Read 14422 times)

Offline SyraxAxoJaxco

• Kinesthetic Storyteller. Dancer, for short.
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Alola, digidestined~
How do you know him?
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:01:41 am »
Well, as the title says, i want to know how you guys met this "long-eared cat".
I'm asking this because i knew (and quickly interested about Klonoa) him, in an odd way.
After some replies, maybe i'll tell you guys the truth from me.. ;)

Well, i won't surprised if you knew him by played the game 15 years ago..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:56:30 pm by SyraxAxoJaxco »

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
Re: How do you know him?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:29:39 am »
I found it fallen behind the music section of my Library and rented it thinking it would be good... And that's all.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:16:27 am »
Toys R' Us demo of Klonoa 2. Liked it, got a PS2 for it. Rented Klonoa 2, loved it, never saw it again for several years, slowly got more and more into Klonoa over several years.

Believe me, I've ranted about how I got into the series quite a few times bafore.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Dimitri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • I have absolutely nothing special to put here.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:01:03 pm »
There's really not much to tell here that I haven't already said. I was browsing YouTube one daynight, and I found a video on Klonoa: Door to Phantomile. I loved it instantly. The creative and simple two-button gameplay, the 2.5D-ness of it, the fun world and cute characters, it all looked amazing. But then I never played it. The original game had to be all kinds of rare, I didn't know the Wii remake existed yet, and I didn't feel quite comfortable emulating it. The result was that Klonoa remained one of those things in the background that you know you would love but never investigate.

Jump to a couple months ago, I started hearing a bunch of stuff about a Pokemon RP on the "Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective". That got my interest up right there. I had been messing with emulators around then, and I downloaded a ISO of the game, but I never quite played it. And then, just a few days ago, all this crap with Marcus and Villain's Month happened. is still happening more like stupid Hoopas I'd already had the collective as a background thought for a while, so I figured "Forget it. I'll join, play the hero, and learn a bit more about Klonoa." Naturally, that was about when I heard it was now legal to emulate out-of-service games, so my first day as a member of the Collective happened to be the first day I played Klonoa. I haven't gotten far yet, but it's just as amazing as I thought it would be, and I can't wait to move on to the other games after  beating Door to Phantomile.

And now that I've written about five times more than I thought possible, I'm going to go play some Klonoa. Those Moos won't defeat  themselves.
I registered in 2015 as part of a roleplaying game and proceeded to never do anything of importance. Oops?

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 12:40:25 pm »
Someone on the Freedom Planet forums drew a pic of Milla in a Klonoa costume for the halloween art contest. I didn't recognize him so i asked my brother who it was and he said Klonoa. He then showed me these 2 guys playing the first Klonoa game (which i've never been able to find since) i wasn't interested at first cause honestly i thought it was a Sonic thing, then the next day i was like "...i wanna look at that again" and so i was browsing some vids and ended up watching Caddicarus's vid on it, and after laughing so hard that i cried i became obsessed with the game and the next day joined the Klonoa forums XD

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 12:55:50 pm »
Caddicarus reviewed Door to Phantomile a few years back. Ever since I've been in love with the series.

Offline Dimitri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • I have absolutely nothing special to put here.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »
Caddicarus reviewed Door to Phantomile a few years back. Ever since I've been in love with the series.
YEEEES that's who it was.  :D
Wooo introduction bros!
I registered in 2015 as part of a roleplaying game and proceeded to never do anything of importance. Oops?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »
I played the demo idk how long ago when I was a kid. I then saw the Klonoa Door to Phantomile while looking for Kings Field about a year or more ago. And felt a strange likeing for that game. Because normally I don't play cutesy like games well back then I didn't But Klonoa is different and I really like that one. Something else about that game kept me strangely attached. And I still am it seems

Offline KenjiDraco

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I want to see Crash Bandicoot and Klonoa crossover
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 05:44:44 pm »
I saw his game: Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil featured in Game Magazine.
At first I thought his series had similar gameplay with Crash Bandicoot but it's different.

Master Of Fantasy FTW! Signatures were made by Yasha_Kazumenashi.

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 05:22:02 pm »
Impulse buy, basically. Wanted games with animals along the line of Sonic, and there was a copy of Klonoa 2 just standing there.

Only played DtP a few months ago on the Vita.
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.