You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How do you know him?  (Read 14444 times)

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
Re: How do you know him?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 06:36:59 pm »
I'm kind of surprised that I missed this topic earlier. :sad_face:

Anyways, I first saw Klonoa in a "top 10" video about sad game endings. I was curious about one of those games a little while later. The problem was I couldn't remember the name of it, nor could I find that video again! About 3 years later, I watched Mike Matei's review of Door to Phantomile and guess what? I noticed a few familiar faces! Did more research and found that there was an entire series of Klonoa games!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:41:25 pm by VikVanHazel, Reason: Correct misspellings. »

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 06:27:14 pm »
Caddicarus.

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 06:37:15 pm »

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 08:29:28 pm »
Played the first game when I rented it at a Blockbuster back then. The ending was heartbreaking for me when I was little.
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline WaterBlad64

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 09:25:58 pm »
I know Klonoa mainly because I had both the first and second game on demo discs. I believe I still have them.

Offline A Mira-Miran

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 02:01:58 pm »
Played the first one around the time it initially came out. I was probably like 5 or 6 when I first played it. I don't quite remember what drew me to it, but I fell in love with it as soon as I popped it in. Didn't actually beat the game until just a few years ago.

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -20
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 05:48:07 pm »
I played the GBA games and then forgot about him until I saw him in Crusade.
I'm John Doe and I'm anonymous.

Offline Tortwag

• Disciple of the Sonic Slash Claw
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 17
  • Crazily self-proclaimed Shell Master
    • Jest'O'Clock
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »
I think the funniest part about this question is that...

...I have no idea. Like really, I have NO IDEA how I first met Klonoa. I know that I managed to stumble on his GBA roms, then wanted to know which game was the first, and ended up playin' Door to Phantomile (which I finished in a let's play, but not at 100%). Point is, ever since getting in touch with the games - and especially Door To Phantomile, 'cause my gosh THE SOUNDTRACK - I never let the guy go off my mind.
Currently writing a Klonoa-themed fanfiction called Crusaders of Pugiland! Discover it here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1462.0

Also started an art topic for said fanfiction, which you can find right here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1877.msg26101#msg26101

Offline VividThought

• A blowing
  • Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • I make music, art, and... uhh... bad animation.
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 01:27:57 am »
I was bored one day, wanted to see if there were games that could be good that never made it, and searched up "Forgotten video games".

That's how I found Klonoa.

Next thing I knew, I've became an artist willing to make a webcomic about a dreamworld because of that long-eared fellow. I should probably ask Namco-Bandai if I could add him in as a cameo.
I plan on starting the webcomic very soon in fact, right after my little comic tournament stuff.

Offline BazookaNeon

• and then shenanigans ensued.
  • Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • B A Z O O K A ! !
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »
I was introduced to the series when I was about 5-6 years old. Lunatea's Veil had only recently been released. Back then though, my sister and I more often rented video games from one of the local stores rather than bought them. We didn't have anything like Super Nintendo 64, but we did have a PS2, and I was usually the one picking the games to play. Usually I rented Spyro, but my guess is that it had been rented out when I came across Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil.

Long story short, my six year-old self was drawn to the cover of the game. I thought it looked like a fun game and we rented it out. My sister and I fell in love with it and we rented it several times from then on.

After the section of the store where we could rent the game was closed down, we were unable to play it for a few years. I don't think I got into it again until I was maybe 12 years-old. I pleaded for my mom to look for a copy and luckily, she found one eventually. I've had it in my collection ever since.